• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late October/Early November disco and banter thread

CoastalWx

Will made a good point. It's a different ballgame with winter storms vs something with 1000 miles wide gales. For fun, we should post the maps of a day 8 or 9 snow event on the euro op, and then verify. Unfortunately, some will fall in love with day 9 op runs again.

actually, i like that idea...since there is a possibility of a coastal, now we could start now...

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how you roll, but I'm just saying that 8 days out is an eternity in the weather world. What about the Bills, Dannys, and Earls of the world? If 8 day model predictions were right, it would look like the African Savanna around here with no trees left.

What a bust Earl was--almost no wind or even rain for anyone....and yet there were TS warnings up

In case anyone gives a crap, I am alive. No power at the place I'm staying at and no power at my job in nyack. Boss is trying to run things off of generator but so far failing. The past 2 days I was not at work. This has allowed me to drive up and down Rockland county to observe the damage. In a word it has been an amazing experience. I have taken tons of photos, helped clear on ramps to 287, chatted with on location television reporters, and witness the sadness of people young and old. I snuck into places that I was not allowed in order to experience and document the aftermath. Once I am able to get to a stable location with internet. I will post my photos. I will post in metro ny as it is not sne related. On phone right now.

You don't need elevation when you have 50+ microbars into the SG layer, but you'll need a miracle when dim sun is shining through the cirrus canopy.

There seems to be a direct correlation between how early Blizz locks in snow and how many digs other posters give him, lol.

Gonna be a long winter of locking in the best case possible.

In case anyone gives a crap, I am alive. No power at the place I'm staying at and no power at my job in nyack. Boss is trying to run things off of generator but so far failing. The past 2 days I was not at work. This has allowed me to drive up and down Rockland county to observe the damage. In a word it has been an amazing experience. I have taken tons of photos, helped clear on ramps to 287, chatted with on location television reporters, and witness the sadness of people young and old. I snuck into places that I was not allowed in order to experience and document the aftermath. Once I am able to get to a stable location with internet. I will post my photos. I will post in metro ny as it is not sne related. On phone right now.

Where are you staying again? Glad you're ok man.

Awesome can not wait to see the pics. How is home? You guys have power?, need anything?

Archived