joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cane Sandy Obs-New England

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roar of the wind starting to become more steady at my place now. Power went off for about 5 seconds then came back on just a bit ago. Looks like about 67 in our town now out. Seeing those outages grow on the cl&p map, can't imagine we have more than an a couple hours before its out for good...but really could be any time now.

no precip here yet. Skies have actually brightened considerbaly. Almost thought the sun was going to make an appearance. Can here the wind whistling up high.

My wife left here FB page up on the computer - what a b*tchfest of people wondering where the storm is. lol

In reality this part of the state probably didn't need to call off school but we'll see what it's like around here at 2 - 3pm.

no precip here yet. Skies have actually brightened considerbaly. Almost thought the sun was going to make an appearance. Can here the wind whistling up high.

My wife left here FB page up on the computer - what a b*tchfest of people wondering where the storm is. lol

In reality this part of the state probably didn't need to call off school but we'll see what it's like around here at 2 - 3pm.

Yeah there were patches of blue and the outline of the sun could be seen under wispy clouds in the valley. Was hoping to heat things up a little but it's futile. Guessing you're right that they could've got away with keeping schools open out here, but better to err on the side of caution with such an anomalous storm. Think today people will be griping, but tomorrow morning they'll shut up.

High wind on the Umass anemometer was 27mph thus far.

Archived