Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Cane Sandy Obs-New England

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The conversation I just heard between the office manager (crazy cat lady) and my new (psychotic) boss was nausiating.

She just went on and on about, how "when she was a girl", there were "hurricanes" and "blizzards" all of the time here (Nyack, NY), and that,"people would just put up with it". "Now a-days there's a bit of wind or a few inches of snow and people close work and school, and make a big deal about it", yada, yada, yada. He was agreeing and hoping the Tappan Zee Bridge doesn't close because he lives in Westchester (Which I have a distinct feeling it will close, btw).

...The kicker:

She says to him, "There's a shower upstairs, plus you can sleep with all of the cats. What more could you want"?

I think I threw up just a bit in my mouth, not just because I'm allergic to cats, but for the stupidity of the thought process of some people.

(The lower level of the office consists of a shelter of abanoned abused cats. That part is actually nice.)

It's funny how people just don't get it. This storm is bigger than the 'cane of 1938 (while a different track), and will be more destructive by far along the coast. Even where I am, I expect to lose power for sometime. People are just way too comfortable with the easy life of internet, easy prepared foods, American Idol, and super sized fries.

Eh...about the same here. Power keeps flickering off and on at times. Gusts maybe up to about 55-60, but it hasn't gone over the top yet to really hammer out the utilities. Even losing the drizzle now.

Give it time. Between 2 and 8 pm were when the strongest gusts were projected. We are clearly ramping up to that. Rain is horizontal here. Waiting for the tell-tale crackles of trees.

Archived