• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

Heh, I guess if the setup was spot on perfect I suppose. I would think areas like Parr's and mt vortmax would be the southern extent if everything came together just right but that is really just a wag.

We probably need to be pretty far from the center with hardcore N-NW flow to stand a chance. That's what makes it so interesting to me. We suck at wraparound snow for a multitude of reasons. Downsloping being the big culprit. Then add orographics to the north wringing the everything out before the downsloping even starts.

However, a storm this strong moving in a very odd westerly (even wsw if you believe some of the models) would be just about as perfect as you could get for snow wrapping around to make it this far south.

And it's a tropical system, so I'd imagine the Apps ould have a hard time wringing everything out of it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is a banter thread, and I'm a fool, I can't help but say that I'm flashing back to February 2010 when reading the "official" Sandy thread.

Holy moly, taking aim at Ocean City at 120!

Euro has a 940 something surface low just off the coast of Ocean City at 120 hours

Looks like Cape May at 132? Or just west of there?

I realize that this is a completely diferent situation (tropical system, October, etc.), but I think the mega -AO is helping to bring back memories of huge storms that crawl up the coast.

This is freaking insane.

This response from someone to Kev's whining in the NE thread is all kinds of awesome:

You're probably right. There's a new algorithm in the Euro that will automatically "correct" successive runs when Mt Tolland is not the epicenter of death and destruction.

:lol: He was already saying they'll come back north.

Archived