joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wes...do you think I'll be able to play my early-morning round next Friday, or will we still be snowed under? And do you think the clubhouse will have been destroyed by Hurrizzard Sandhena winds? :weep:

lol, have no idea but if you get the wind at your back you might be able to drive the ball 300 yards and I might be able to drive it 250.

no what flooding rains?

That seems like a major weather event to me. I think we tend to forget storms unless they directly impact us or are the type of storm we are most interested in. To be honest, I forget most severe storms but won't forget the derecho since it knocked out my power for a week.

That seems like a major weather event to me. I think we tend to forget storms unless they directly impact us or are the type of storm we are most interested in. To be honest, I forget most severe storms but won't forget the derecho since it knocked out my power for a week.

I was teasin, i remember the flooding rains. I agree with you too. the last 2 years my area saw a tornado, Hurricane Irene and a flood. not really boring.

i'm not sure if i ever shared these photos. This one is inside Hershey Park.

post-1291-0-89904300-1351010716_thumb.pn

We get weather. it is selective memory for many and i think some voice unhappiness because they are looking for something to top the last event and that often leads to frustration.

I was teasin, i remember the flooding rains. I agree with you too. the last 2 years my area saw a tornado, Hurricane Irene and a flood. not really boring.

i'm not sure if i ever shared these photos. This one is inside Hershey Park.

I was directing it to snowfan as he was the one asserting that our weather is boring or more boring than most regions.

True, if you like fall bay fishing, we don't want the susky to get dumped on to muddy up the bay. I've pretty much given up on bass fishing for the year though I may go tomorrow unless Jason wants an article.

Some think that ever since Agnes the Bay was damaged from that and never given a chance to recover due to the periodic dumpings. A couple years of no floods and huge fertilzer runoffs could be the best thing for the Chessie.

Some think that ever since Agnes the Bay was damaged from that and never given a chance to recover due to the periodic dumpings. A couple years of no floods and huge fertilzer runoffs could be the best thing for the Chessie.

It would, the susy is a big problem as Conowingo is almost full of sediment so almost all the crap that flows down it during a big rain enters the bay. Last year, the bay was a lot less salty than normal and to me it seemed like the spanish mackeral came late and left early.

Does anyone else remember last september's flooding rains. Now that was not boring.

My ceiling, bathroom, and basement certainly do. Over 10" of rain in less than 18 hours did a number around my neighborhood.

lol, have no idea but if you get the wind at your back you might be able to drive the ball 300 yards and I might be able to drive it 250.

As a long player who hits the ball high, a 50kt wind at my back would be a hoot. But the wind in my face would be a nightmare!!

i was hoping everyone would get out of their system on this first threat. this stuff posted below is just as bad as the weenie stuff and just clogs threads with worthless posts for people looking for information. i'm glad to see a banter thread started hopefully it will be contained in there

you all are a bunch of :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

----------------------------------------------------

:weenie: all of you

---------------------------------------------------------

damage, lots of damage, damage

--------------------------------------------------

I answered a question. Get over it

--------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what you're taking about :whistle:

And yes, damagey damage

-------------------------------------------------------------

Off hour run, throw it out

-----------------------------------

Gas up the bus

---------------------

We are about 8 pages behind too :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------

If you listen to CT Blizz, if you haven't yet then you are behind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lock it up!

-------------------------

^ lol

-------------

No one cares

----------------

Lame to another SNE special

-------------------------------------------

IT WALLOPS WALLOPS ISLAND

---------------------------------------------

This thread is complete now that Ji is here

--------------------------------------------------------

shut your face

-------------------------

:lol: sorry guess you didn't get the sarcasm in that

whatevs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed - i was just surprised to see some of our regulars post more there than here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ive noticed a few of our usuals are posting more in SNE than our thread :(

Sheesh. Take the stick out.

Archived