Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an all year boring wx kind of guy

Me too, but even though I hate cold, I get more of a kick out of following winter weather.

I haven't seen very many seasonal posters on the board in the past few days. most of the folks posting now are the ones that posted throughout the spring and summer.

I figured as much, but thought word of a hurrizzard would bring a few of the snow weenies (whom we love, of course) out of the woodwork. I mean...even stormtracker has posted a few times in the last couple days.

Me too, but even though I hate cold, I get more of a kick out of following winter weather.

I figured as much, but thought word of a hurrizzard would bring a few of the snow weenies (whom we love, of course) out of the woodwork. I mean...even stormtracker has posted a few times in the last couple days.

Most true weenies are not yet paying attention to this type of stuff as its bust potential is through the roof.....at least in the MD/DC/VA area. You'll see more true weenies crawl out as we approach the holidays and we've officially said goodbye (well, for the most part) to warm'ish days.

After looking at Ian twitpic there is a good strategy. Cut your lawn nice and tight before the winds howl and you won't have to rake.

In all honesty, IF the storm took the path and strength as shown, it would still be a damaging event in these parts. TS force gusts for an extended period. Coastal MD could easily see cat 1 gusts. Very very impressive 850 panel.

After looking at Ian twitpic there is a good strategy. Cut your lawn nice and tight before the winds howl and you won't have to rake.

In all honesty, IF the storm took the path and strength as shown, it would still be a damaging event in these parts. TS force gusts for an extended period. Coastal MD could easily see cat 1 gusts. Very very impressive 850 panel.

Unless your backyard is enclosed and everyone else's leaves fall into your yard. :axe:

But cutting the lawn short is a good idea. If nothing else, things would dry out a hell of a lot easier.

i have decided to clean my spouting tomorrow afternoon when i get off work. Regardless if we get anything or not, it probably needs done....

maybe if i bought 2 cases of Pabst, i could get Bob tocome do it?

I would definitely considering coming to supervise...and drink all your beer. What's on the menu? I'll probably get pretty hungry watching people work all day.

Ok as much as I want a system I am liking that the likelihood of us being effected has diminished. I do not want it for Halloween next week. I have a butt load of candy and it cannot remain in the house!

I'll PM you an address you can send it to

Ok as much as I want a system I am liking that the likelihood of us being effected has diminished. I do not want it for Halloween next week. I have a butt load of candy and it cannot remain in the house!

Yeah, if you're like most of us and halloween is too storm, you'll literally have a but load.

Yeah, if you're like most of us and halloween is too storm, you'll literally have a but load.

Our neighborhood, which is new really built up this year and I had to buy more than normal. This is the first time I am worried of getting stuck with sweets. :icecream:

I hope the storm is bad enough that they postpone Halloween until the weekend.

Don't tell my girls that!

I'll PM you an address you can send it to

:thumbsup:

Our neighborhood, which is new really built up this year and I had to buy more than normal. This is the first time I am worried of getting stuck with sweets. :icecream:

Don't tell my girls that!

:thumbsup:

I think you'll be okay. Even if you're not, take the candy into work and it'll be gone in no time. That happens every year in my office....people bring in their leftovers and it takes less than a day for it to be snatched up. Fortunately, I'll be out of town next week on work travel and won't have to deal with Halloween. I think my wife will just stay in with our 6 month old and relax rather than deal with the kiddos in the neighborhood.

Archived