• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

Granted, out of all the possibly affected regions, it's us and the GLOV forums that are more on the fringes of the seemingly most likely solution, so I wouldn't expect the core of the discussion to be here, anyway.

Lots of commas.

Also, we make a lot more sarcastic/joking posts instead of diving into the more serious discussion... which is fine at this range, I guess.

I think it's great, to be honest.

The technical side of weather is interesting and all, but I personally like seeing the everyday banter type stuff because so much of the technical jargon is over my head. Basically, the low-brow talk helps to keep me engaged at this range. :rambo:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno.......banter threads seemed to work last winter and as far as spontaneity, if anything in the main thread goes towards the banter direction, it can always be quoted and brought right here.

We should start a banter analysis thread to discuss why or why not banter should included in the analysis thread.

True, although the insane dynamics of a euro type situation is what it would take for any type of accumulated snowfall anywhere near the metros at this time of the year. Imagine 70's this week and snow next week :lol:

This is what I live for as a weather enthusiast though.

I'll bring this talk here.

I remember some NAM clown maps giving us 12"+ last October, but obviously none of us believed it, and it turned out that you had to be around rural Carroll county or far northern Balt county to see any meaningful snow.

And there've been times when we've gone from torch to snow within maybe two days. It happens, but then the BL is always an issue.

I'll bring this talk here.

I remember some NAM clown maps giving us 12"+ last October, but obviously none of us believed it, and it turned out that you had to be around rural Carroll county or far northern Balt county to see any meaningful snow.

And there've been times when we've gone from torch to snow within maybe two days. It happens, but then the BL is always an issue.

Correct. Meaningful accumulations during last October's event stayed well outside of both beltway's. I was in southern York County that day and there was probably 5-6 inches on the ground that evening when I drove back down 83 towards Baltimore. There wasn't much snow on the ground at all once you drove south of the Parkton area in northern Baltimore County. Here's sat imagery post snowfall.

post-3375-0-22985600-1351006239_thumb.jp

Archived