• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

True, not 0%, but darn near close. If you're N/W of 81....especially in PA....I'd be more interested. The 322 corridor from Mifflintown to State College is a good spot to start. Of course, there's always the 219 corridor and Rte 22 between Holidaysburg and Ebensburg that are fun in events like this.

fun events....

Interesting coming from the guy who swore that mid-Atlantic = BORING WX

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fun events....

Interesting coming from the guy who swore that mid-Atlantic = BORING WX

I was referring to the DC/Baltimore metro areas. You think Central PA is part of that? The winter weather in the 219 and 22 corridors in Central/West Central PA is completely different than what our area sees.

snowfan needs to change his name to nota40southfan

LOL. No, not at all. I love where I live. I've lived between State College, southern PA, Bmore and my current location my entire life. I love when we get a major snowstorm every few years. It's great. I could do without the hot, humid summers, but all in all its great. I made a very simple comment yesterday about 'boring' weather and folks got their panties all in a bunch about it. I find that amusing. Weather is a passion of mine, but I don't get all bent out of shape about it like many do. It's a fun hobby and since its not my profession, I just have fun with it. I actually went to PSU to study meteo, but that didn't work out. Got my minor in climo and moved on to a different industry. End of story. Now lets get back to bickering with each other and watching this hurrizard or whatever people are calling Sandy.

LOL. No, not at all. I love where I live. I've lived between State College, southern PA, Bmore and my current location my entire life. I love when we get a major snowstorm every few years. It's great. I could do without the hot, humid summers, but all in all its great. I made a very simple comment yesterday about 'boring' weather and folks got their panties all in a bunch about it. I find that amusing. Weather is a passion of mine, but I don't get all bent out of shape about it like many do. It's a fun hobby and since its not my profession, I just have fun with it. I actually went to PSU to study meteo, but that didn't work out. Got my minor in climo and moved on to a different industry. End of story. Now lets get back to bickering with each other and watching this hurrizard or whatever people are calling Sandy.

lol

I posted a bunch from the derecho--maybe that is what you are remembering? we had a few branches down here and there after the snowstorm, but nothing like this summer--most of the snow fell during daylight so it never accumulated beyond the 4" that fell before sunrise.

ah ok, i was confused then.

It's times like these that I wish I were back on staff.

It's the John Grudin effect. It was so hard to see him not come back as coach. EVERYBODY wanted him too. He was great. A legend in many ways. But he was burned out and decided to stick to commentating. He's really good at that too. You will be a great commentator with a great career behind you. And we will enjoy it.

What's really going to piss me off if this thing occurs is that now finally, after how many years of JB/Accuwx honking about an East Coast hurricane impact, they're finally going to get one and the "I told you so's!!!!" will be neverending. Hell, 2 years in a row really with Irene last year. You can almost hear them yelling "Cha-ching!".

Ellinwood, I live in Pocahontas County and most of our leaves are long gone, should be an interesting weekend.

Thanks for the info. Figured that would be the case for most of WV by the time this system moves in... hoping the snow can fall over some of the not-so-high elevations in western MD, eastern WV panhandle and southern PA where the leaves are still holding on.

EDIT: Not a good situation for the people who live there of course... just trying to get the most interesting footage possible.

Thanks for the info. Figured that would be the case for most of WV by the time this system moves in... hoping the snow can fall over some of the not-so-high elevations in western MD, eastern WV panhandle and southern PA where the leaves are still holding on.

EDIT: Not a good situation for the people who live there of course... just trying to get the most interesting footage possible.

Come to Bruke. The 6"+ of wet snow we get will defoliate whatever trees aren't ripped out of the ground by Sandhena's winds.

FYI- South Central Pa is still in full fall mode, with trees still holding the majority of their leaves.

Yeah, I live in Hillsboro down in the valley at about 2400' and even down here the leaves are pretty much gone. Saw snowflakes on Oct. 8th and figure I'll see at least a couple more this weekend. Only a ten minute drive to the scenic highway and 4500'.

Archived