northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet I spend more time with my girls than the majority of posters do with their kids

I would have to go to college to be with both of mine...........lol, My wife has a daycare (24 yrs) So actaully spend more time with those children then there own parents do.............. :)

I would have to go to college to be with both of mine...........lol, My wife has a daycare (24 yrs) So actaully spend more time with those children then there own parents do.............. :)

Can I send my kid up there? This is not a fun thing to figure out. I feel like I need to knock off a few banks.

It will be.

Haha don't you love how one month ago you were arguing with him the exact opposite all the time?

He was touting the torch, only discussing BDL and saying "no below normal in sight" and now its "no above normal in sight" and all about the cool hilltops and yet you are still being the voice of reason regardless of what type of CT Blizz we get at the time.

Haha don't you love how one month ago you were arguing with him the exact opposite all the time?

He was touting the torch, only discussing BDL and saying "no below normal in sight" and now its "no above normal in sight" and all about the cool hilltops and yet you are still being the voice of reason regardless of what type of CT Blizz we get at the time.

It's exhausting, I should just let it go and eventually the truth always comes out in the form of sensible wx.

I wonder how ll clients would feel if they new he is taking pictures of there property, and being put on internet.

Is thiis a serious question? Of course I ask and of course I have permission. I take pictures of almost all my properties that give me the ok, for my work portfolio to garner more business....whether its design, gardens or lawns. Its almost as if you have no business sense whatsoever. Your cold regime has been a dream, +6 after today here or more?, cool down next week and as Scott has elaborated the pattern relaxes and we are normal to slightly above......do you ever work?

Beautiful day in progress here with the temperature at 69.5F with wall to wall sunshine. I'll gladly take more days like this in October. Foliage here is about 75% torwards peak and leaf drop is about 15-20%.

Absolutely. Just checked out Mr. Ginx' link of Paddysbeachcam and looks like some are out catching the fading rays.

Lol...the irony. Even April is more of a winter month around here than October is.

yeah, but it's not hard to see where his frustrations are founded - last 10 years it has snowed what ... 5 of them? that's 50%, and it has snowed in less Aprils in that time frame.

question is, why -

No warmup in sight thru end of month. Finally a Rocktober that performs like it should. Last 70's of year today/ tomorrow

In its 100+ year period of record, the earliest BDL has ever seen its last 70s of the season is October 7th, and that was in 2002. The average date of last high temperature at or above 70 is November 7th.

yeah, but it's not hard to see where his frustrations are founded - last 10 years it has snowed what ... 5 of them? that's 50%, and it has snowed in less Aprils in that time frame.

question is, why -

Yeah definitely a difference compared to the previous 50+ years. This is for measurable snow.

For ORH it looks like:

............Time period.......................Oct...April..

1949-1950 through 1999-2000.........7.......36

2000-2001 through 2011-2012.........6.......5

Again, that is number of months that recorded measurable snows in each time span.I suspect its a fluke of small sample.

Yeah definitely a difference compared to the previous 50+ years. This is for measurable snow.

For ORH it looks like:

............Time period.......................Oct...April..

1949-1950 through 1999-2000.........7.......36

2000-2001 through 2011-2012.........6.......5

Again, that is number of months that recorded measurable snows in each time span.I suspect its a fluke of small sample.

One would be inclinde to think so - agreed. BUT, ...heh, it gets a little harder when it seems the seas are boiling and the moon is turning red -haha. You can't get honest news anymore but just the same, it does seem the climate upheavalist are making a point as of late. Suppose they are, it becomes a fascinating question as why that has to mean winter comes in summer and summer comes in winter.

But did you get a load of the NAM?! Wow, that's going to be an abrupt change if that happens.

the 12z 63-70 hour NAM shows 0 to -3C at 850 with close to .35" of QPF for western Mass and southern/vt -central NH. Cold rain for the rest of us, but that is heavy fleece and real bona fide jacket weather.

Archived