• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2012 obs/discussion

Ian

and probably gained back the calories you lost in the hike.

For those that don't know, by McAfee's Knob there is a restaurant set on a familial farm and antebellum-type home. They serve all you can eat southern food like fried chicken, roast beef, and salt-cured ham coupled with all you can eat veggies and to finish off that day's fruit cobbler a la mode. If the food isn't home-made they certainly try very hard to make it so.

If you're ever in the area, me and Disc would highly advise you go enjoy the all you can eat for $13. Bring stuff to do because don't be surprised to see 1-2 hr wait times (there's a large wait to be seated, but once you're seated you get food almost instantly).

Where is this place at again? *Taking notes feverishly*

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is this place at again? *Taking notes feverishly*

It is right off VA 311 at top of the mountain. It is on a blind curve so be careful when entering it. Ive never heard bad things about this place either

Back to Wx. 71/47 here now, 73 has been the highest for the day so far. This is so awesome how summer should be

I couldn't decide which thread to post these in. This was from my backyard on Saturday evening. Brilliant sunset after the storms. I thought about posting them in the severe thread but they don't fit in.

No processing or enhancements. Used simple sharp auto settings and they came out great. I had a hard time deciding which one to post so I figured all three are worthy.

I slept with the window wide open and fan blowing inwards. I kicked the covers off at one point and woke up cold....it was awesome.

I opened my house up after sunset, and had to close everything up by bedtime, it had gotten so cold. I have a 7-month old, so I couldn't let the house get as cold as I'd like. Even closed up last night, the house was a bit chilly this morning.

Archived