• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
TS Isaac Banter Thread

That'd sure be pretty, but the people along the coast there probably wouldn't dig it. :P

and for many, many miles inland. The Big Bend coast is mostly swampy wetlands that extend miles inland as well.You'd have surge going far up several rivers, such as the Santa Fe & Suwannee.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I can't help myself...I saw someone post this somewhere else and it really irks me that this is the type of information that actually gets passed around.

Conditions that are even more favorable than what Hurricane Katrina and Rita went through in 2005. This is worrying considering the possibility for very rapid intensification once the system gets clear of the Florida Keys. - Garret Bastardi

Katrina was literally the perfect scenario. I remember looking at the conditions and not only was it practically under a bubbling hot spring, but it had venting assistance in all 4 quadrants. You could not have drawn the features on the map any more perfectly to cause a storm to strengthen. I know we have gone over this 1000 times on this board, but it doesn't frustrate me any less.

Ok I can't help myself...I saw someone post this somewhere else and it really irks me that this is the type of information that actually gets passed around.

Katrina was literally the perfect scenario. I remember looking at the conditions and not only was it practically under a bubbling hot spring, but it had venting assistance in all 4 quadrants. You could not have drawn the features on the map any more perfectly to cause a storm to strengthen. I know we have gone over this 1000 times on this board, but it doesn't frustrate me any less.

I don't get why so many people go off his every word, isn't he still in High School? People on FB think he's the person to go to.

I don't get why so many people go off his every word, isn't he still in High School? People on FB think he's the person to go to.

I think you underestimate how many shockingly dumb people there are out there. FB brings them all together.

Why the 15 mph of weakening on the approach? Other question is why the WNW motion during the day on Sunday?

Well the last plot is slightly over land so that plus the shallow waters will see slight weakening due to that. And the more west movement is due to the ridge will be at its strongest then.

I don't quite know why the Weather Channel keeps on obsessing about whether the NHC drops the pressure by one to two millibars on each advisory. The general audience doesn't care about it.

Also, why on weather reports, do TV people keep on reporting barometric pressure in inches, then when a tropical cyclone pops up, then shift to millibars? I'm not sure the general public can relate to millibars, as opposed to inches of mercury.

I don't quite know why the Weather Channel keeps on obsessing about whether the NHC drops the pressure by one to two millibars on each advisory. The general audience doesn't care about it.

Also, why on weather reports, do TV people keep on reporting barometric pressure in inches, then when a tropical cyclone pops up, then shift to millibars? I'm not sure the general public can relate to millibars, as opposed to inches of mercury.

The general public only cares about where its going to land and how strong the winds will be.... and if Jim Cantore is coming to their town

This situation is starting to become a bit alarming for a variety of reasons.

However, I think we need to see waht the next few model runs entail before really getting antsy. There is some cause for concern though and the last thing New Orleans needs is another pounding from a hurricane. I'm waiting to see what the model data holds the next few hours.

My 04Z Update: Right now showing Miami to the Florida Keys areas highest threat zone. Projecting winds increasing to 35-40mph around 26/14Z, then increasing up to 45-50mph after 22Z. Highest winds speeds I am showing right now is across the Key West and Homestead area at around 52 mph. Convective Gust potential around 60mph. Showing across Miami and Homestead ares picking up 2.8 to 3.2 inches of rain next 24 hours in addition highest threat for Tornado potential.

TS Isaac Overwatch: http://smartwxmodel.net/update.htm

For the loss of life potential, not to mention gasoline prices, I hope Euro holds serve and later GFS runs shift East.

Yeah this is the last thing the country needs right now. This could potentialy be a major jolt to our already fragile economy.And of course the loss of life would be awful too.

For the loss of life potential, not to mention gasoline prices, I hope Euro holds serve and later GFS runs shift East.

I wouldnt let my guard down even in Houston. This thing may end taking a track close to Rita's track in 2005.I'm almost 100% certain it isnt coming back to the east.

Archived