• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the looks of it we may not see a day with dews under 70 thru day 10 lol..That would be awesome..Epic

Things sure do look warm, I am envious of your +3 call at BOS my +2 is way too low I got wrapped up in some talk of a closer to normal July.

Good call Kevin.

Things sure do look warm, I am envious of your +3 call at BOS my +2 is way too low I got wrapped up in some talk of a closer to normal July.

Good call Kevin.

The models were still warm looking. +2 is not a normal July, but with the flow looking more SW than it did...the +2 may be too cool. It's possible +3 is too warm, but we'll know in a week.

How awesome would it be to have it warm through mid October and then the hammer comes down for 6 months.

I was actually writing a novel in my head at lunch where the planet has crossed blithely over a climate threshold as peacefully as passing through an "Event Horizon", beyond which there is no plausible return. Only in this paradigm, the cross over threshold enters a realm of no more winters, regardless of who-to-what-for air, land, and sea -related teleconnectors argue for.

It simply never snows again. -Prologue

I was actually writing a novel in my head at lunch where the planet has crossed blithely over a climate threshold as peacefully as passing through an "Event Horizon", beyond which there is not plausible return. Only in this paradigm, the cross over threshold enters a realm of no more winters, regardless of who-to-what-for air, land, and sea -related teleconnectors argue for.

Well that certainly frees one up to move to all kinds of interesting locales.....lol....

As Monty Python once said..."Always look at the bright side of life..."

I was actually writing a novel in my head at lunch where the planet has crossed blithely over a climate threshold as peacefully as passing through an "Event Horizon", beyond which there is not plausible return. Only in this paradigm, the cross over threshold enters a realm of no more winters, regardless of who-to-what-for air, land, and sea -related teleconnectors argue for.

too early to start another no-no thread?

(kidding)

This shows the difference between PWM east facing shore and my south facing shore from your numbers above: (first number under month is avg since 2000)

June

62.3°F

60.7°F (2012)

-1.60°F

falling.gif

July

68.9°F

68.4°F (2012)

-0.50°F

falling.gif

This is from my wx station records. And yes I know I am not an official NWS station. My station is properly sited and not under the influence of lesco lawns and foilage. Never-the-less, take with a grain of salt.

Ahhhh, southern exposure. Quite the contrast, and quite interesting.

My thermometer is in the woods and thus foliage-affected, to be taken with the whole box of NaCl. June was 1.9F below my 14-yr avg, and July 1-10 is running +0.3. I compared 1998-2011 (my 14 yr) from the correctly sited COOP in Farmington to their 1981-2010 "normals". June 98-11 was 0.58F milder than the 30-yr avg, and July 98-11 was 0.40F milder. Fudging my averages by those trends would make my June -1.3 and July to date +0.7. We're similar for June, as much of the cool wx was rainy-day driven in both places, while July has had a greater proportion fo days when your southerly view made a difference.

Just laughing at the hundreds of posts about dews while enjoying perhaps the finest 4 day Mid July low dew stretch in many a year. Looks very typical coming up, be careful what you wish for, fog, mist in the mix too. High dews with little sun, perfection for the twisted ones.

Archived