• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is this unbearable heat wave Blizz has been blathering on and on about. 10 days out?

Me thinks it may get a bit humid and more uncomfortable...but it's summer and that'll happen.

Its pretty much universal with the locals up here that this is one of the nicest summers anyone can remember so far. Endless sunny days, comfortable sleeping weather (really only one or two nights with a low of 65+ and lots of 50s/40s), and warm afternoons with a lot of 75-85F highs.

I guess seeing as temps were below normal up here in June, and so far normal to below in July, coupled with low/no rainfall means perfect summer of average temps and lots of sunshine. No big heat but also no annoyingly cold afternoons...just big diurnal ranges.

I'm ranking this summer pretty high on my list so far.

Me thinks it may get a bit humid and more uncomfortable...but it's summer and that'll happen.

Its pretty much universal with the locals up here that this is one of the nicest summers anyone can remember so far. Endless sunny days, comfortable sleeping weather (really only one or two nights with a low of 65+ and lots of 50s/40s), and warm afternoons with a lot of 75-85F highs.

I guess seeing as temps were below normal up here in June, and so far normal to below in July, coupled with low/no rainfall means perfect summer of average temps and lots of sunshine. No big heat but also no annoyingly cold afternoons...just big diurnal ranges.

Yeah, its a good one so far. Just no extreme ugly heat. Warm days, cool nights. If it can't be snowing this is ok.

This week has been perfect across all of New England. Next week will be a little less comfortable as the humidity builds in and we don't get the night time cool downs. Folks above 1000' will be better off but I think we're all going to get a touch of the swamp. Now that we're midway through July it's easier to take knowing historically there is only a month left for New England to get blistering heat.

There's a few bad eggs in every demographic, please don't let it ruin your ideal of the mostly peaceful hair farmers.

I hope this guy is just an odd ball but my views on the long haired people is changed. This guy sounded and looked like he was stuck in the 70's. He also smelled bad.

Yep, light at the end of the tunnel.....

50 days until met. fall.

Now losing 1:16 of daylight per day and accelerating at about 4 additional seconds per day.

This week has been perfect across all of New England. Next week will be a little less comfortable as the humidity builds in and we don't get the night time cool downs. Folks above 1000' will be better off but I think we're all going to get a touch of the swamp. Now that we're midway through July it's easier to take knowing historically there is only a month left for New England to get blistering heat.

I hope this guy is just an odd ball but my views on the long haired people is changed. This guy sounded and looked like he was stuck in the 70's. He also smelled bad.

You could write a book. You walk in on 2 guys going at it in a McDonalds men's room and then encounter a threatening guy with long hair. Fortunately, I got my hair (already short) cut last night so I didn't do it!

Yep, light at the end of the tunnel.....

50 days until met. fall.

Now losing 1:16 of daylight per day and accelerating at about 4 additional seconds per day.

I absolutely despise Fall. Give me 6 months of winter and 6 of summer and call it a day. Long lingering days FTW.

Yep Logan's Run! I loved that movie as a kid...

I took the name Logan for the hell of it on IRC chat eons ago...as in 1994. The 11 was added because there was another Logan. I just kept it because everyone knows me as it.

One of my favorite movies!!!!!

Yeah I love Fall also. I suppose I like Winter the most because of the snowfalls, but Fall wx is so great and the anticipation of Winter is there.

Summer is just too hot for me. I don't like to get all sweaty doing physical activities and have to deal with that absurdly strong sun.

I suppose it's nice if you are at a beach, but no beaches around here. LOL

Man I don't know how you can say that. Fall is borderline magical imo.

Some reasons that I really dislike Summer:

Mosquitos

Swamp ass humid wx where everything feels damp, even your bed sheets.

Tics/Lyme Disease

Searing sun that saps you of all strength in any physical activities. Example: Don't tell me jogging, playing tennis, etc.

in 85F under a strong early July sun is a pleasant experience

Warm nights where you can't get the room to cool enough for a decent night's sleep

Or high electric bills (air conditioning) if you go that route

Horse flies, black flies, etc.

Mowing the lawn - much more time consuming and annoying than snow clean-up

The strong sun beaming in your windows at 5:15 AM when you are trying to get a decent night's sleep.

I really I don't need sun before 7 AM.

Hot dry wx (like now) that forces you to spend a disproportionate amount of time watering things.

Slugs - awful things come out all over when its wet and humid.

Laying there at night in the dark when a mosquito has invaded the room. Listening to that creepy whining sound they make and facing the prospect of getting up from bed to try and hunt it down, or if you're too tired then cowering under the sheets.

Road work, paving projects...just annoying.

Pollen...grass pollen, then the horror of ragweed season. Tree pollen is a Spring thing, but equally disgusting

Carpenter ants, termites, cockroaches and other insidious insects that you have to spend time combating or pay someone

Cleaning up after T storm wind damage or torrential downpours that wreck havoc such as flooding basement, etc.

Snow doesn't do that kind of damage.

Makes me crave a nice 20F day..all the varmints dead, all the pollen gone, mosquitos dead, lawn dead/no work, clear pure Canadian air..... it can't come soon enough....

(Jan 2005)x4 + (May-August*)x2 = Perfection

*6/1/2011 every 4 years to account for leap year

56/56, Day 94 of the most punishing heat wave in the history of mankind, just as Blizz foretold. Thousands have perished, all fresh water has been vaporized. Crops are now just dust and the forest fires now rage uncontrolled.

Or, it could just be another unremarkable summer day with a high near 80.

Archived