• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

First, there are those that may try to argue the significance of it either way, based upon their personal agendas (then persuading their perception of things), but the hard facts are as follows as of the 10th of July.

ORH: +4.5

HFD: +4.3

PVD: +3.7

BOS: +4.6

Wow! Amazing how much different the first 10 days have been in SNE vs. NNE!

Departures in my area are a little different...

Morrisville-Stowe Airport, MVL.... -0.1F (essentially normal) Last 3 days have been -4, -8, -6.

Montpelier, MPV... -1.2F

St Johnsbury, 1V4... -1.8F

Interior VT is running -1F to -2F below normal so far.... quite the difference from the 4 SNE sites.

Wow! Amazing how much different the first 10 days have been in SNE vs. NNE!

Departures in my area are a little different...

Morrisville-Stowe Airport, MVL.... -0.1F (essentially normal) Last 3 days have been -4, -8, -6.

Montpelier, MPV... -1.2F

St Johnsbury, 1V4... -1.8F

Interior VT is running -1F to -2F below normal so far.... quite the difference from the 4 SNE sites.

Glad we're not there. Whew

Glad we're not there. Whew

Yeah the elderly are dying in droves up here.

The vacationers are loving it though...sunny day after sunny day and good sleeping weather and warm afternoons. What's better? No one wants to sweat profusely while on vacation hiking and biking and enjoying the outdoors.

Yeah the elderly are dying in droves up here.

The vacationers are loving it though...sunny day after sunny day and good sleeping weather and warm afternoons. What's better? No one wants to sweat profusely while on vacation hiking and biking and enjoying the outdoors.

Noone wants to be bundled up in pants and jackets when they go out to dinner or breakfast either. Shirts and tees all the time in summer, no extra blankets and windows closed

as of the 10th of July.

ORH: +4.5

HFD: +4.3

PVD: +3.7

BOS: +4.6

Similar for some NNE locations, though lower magnitude as we were farther from the heat dome.

CAR...+1.5

BGR...+2.8

PWM...+3.7

CON...+2.0

I think PWM stands out because their coastal location kept them out of the 40s Mon-Tues while the offshore winds held off the seabreeze cooling most days.

Similar for some NNE locations, though lower magnitude as we were farther from the heat dome.

CAR...+1.5

BGR...+2.8

PWM...+3.7

CON...+2.0

I think PWM stands out because their coastal location kept them out of the 40s Mon-Tues while the offshore winds held off the seabreeze cooling most days.

Huh... I would've thought they were lower.

There must be a pocket here in VT of below normal...my guess is it might be from the great radiational cooling conditions we've had so far this month with the high pressure, no clouds, and no precip. The daytime highs haven't been that cold.

CAR...+1.5

BGR...+2.8

PWM...+3.7

CON...+2.0

This shows the difference between PWM east facing shore and my south facing shore from your numbers above: (first number under month is avg since 2000)

June

62.3°F

60.7°F (2012)

-1.60°F

falling.gif

July

68.9°F

68.4°F (2012)

-0.50°F

falling.gif

This is from my wx station records. And yes I know I am not an official NWS station. My station is properly sited and not under the influence of lesco lawns and foilage. Never-the-less, take with a grain of salt.

Thank God. Is it convective in nature?

At least some of it might be. I'm still a little wary of how robust it is, but like we said ove the last few days...rain chances will increase Sunday and Monday and at times next week with a front nearby and moisture. It doesn't mean everyone gets soaked, but I would think some areas get a decent drink.

Archived