• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some reasons that I really dislike Summer:

Mosquitos

Swamp ass humid wx where everything feels damp, even your bed sheets.

Tics/Lyme Disease

Searing sun that saps you of all strength in any physical activities. Example: Don't tell me jogging, playing tennis, etc.

in 85F under a strong early July sun is a pleasant experience

Warm nights where you can't get the room to cool enough for a decent night's sleep

Or high electric bills (air conditioning) if you go that route

Horse flies, black flies, etc.

Mowing the lawn - much more time consuming and annoying than snow clean-up

The strong sun beaming in your windows at 5:15 AM when you are trying to get a decent night's sleep.

I really I don't need sun before 7 AM.

Hot dry wx (like now) that forces you to spend a disproportionate amount of time watering things.

Slugs - awful things come out all over when its wet and humid.

Laying there at night in the dark when a mosquito has invaded the room. Listening to that creepy whining sound they make and facing the prospect of getting up from bed to try and hunt it down, or if you're too tired then cowering under the sheets.

Road work, paving projects...just annoying.

Pollen...grass pollen, then the horror of ragweed season. Tree pollen is a Spring thing, but equally disgusting

Carpenter ants, termites, cockroaches and other insidious insects that you have to spend time combating or pay someone

Cleaning up after T storm wind damage or torrential downpours that wreck havoc such as flooding basement, etc.

Snow doesn't do that kind of damage.

Makes me crave a nice 20F day..all the varmints dead, all the pollen gone, mosquitos dead, lawn dead/no work, clear pure Canadian air..... it can't come soon enough....

Good list, Rick. I would add the deer-fly to your bug list--they're just awful. I would also add the late darkness as an "ftl" for getting kids to bed.

One that I am at odds with you about is mowing the lawn. It's time consuming to be sure--probably takes me 5-6 hours and that doesn't involve any trimming or cleanup. But, in spite of the noise,it provides an opportunity for the mind to wander. And, it does look good afterward.

Like the Logan's Run comments--I had always thought it was a reference to BOS in spite of your NYS locale.

lol at the euro op. Nice cold frontal passage Wed night. Steady as she goes with the ens though with the fropa sometime around Thu night into Fri.

Yeah Euro op is a joke..Sounds like ens still have the warm down to slightly above normal with dews in the 60's like they've shown..till we quickly reheat again last 5 days of month

Summer is awesome. Heat, humidity, storms, getting outwide and enjoying things, swimming..the list goes on and on.

Noone likes being locked and boarded up in a dark room after clearing snow

Who would do that? Probably the same person who loves heat and humidity so they can camp next to their air conditioner. You should get outside more often. :)

Enjoy your humidity, Kevin.

Man I don't know how you can say that. Fall is borderline magical imo.

Magical in what way? A few weeks of nice color that you end up having to pick up. Not to mention the increasing darkness while it is too warm to snow. Summers over. So intense work schedules resume....few redeeming values to me. Give me long summer days, a week of 40s, then full on winter and I'd be much more satisfied.

Who would do that? Probably the same person who loves heat and humidity so they can camp next to their air conditioner. You should get outside more often. :)

Actually probably the same person who would stay in a dark house with no power for 5 days after a snowstorm.

There's many on here that love the snow..yet do nothing to get out and enjoy it. They clear their driveway, then hunker down inside all day.

70/66

Forecast of sunny and 87 back to back, the drought worsens, the lawns are burned out and the gardens weep for liquid gold.

The wonderful globe of life sears the landscape relentlessly, its the most wonderful time of year............

Fellowship Of Fire

There's many on here that love the snow..yet do nothing to get out and enjoy it. They clear their driveway, then hunker down inside all day.

Or never enjoy it at all, never clear there driveway, only enjoy the model runs leading up to it, and then complain about the snow while it falls and how the back edge is quickly approaching on radar or how its not enough snow on the ground...........yet never get out to experience one dendritical dallop of deliciousness.

Kudos to those that get out and enjoy each of the seasons.

The only season I really don't prefer is Spring, and that is only a little bit. Rick mentiomed a lot of reasons not to like summer, and I am in agreement with many of those, and Mike listed my least favorite part of summer...deer flies. Thise are the worst.

And Jerry, i have to disagree about fall. Temps are better, landscape changes, new co eds are in the city, looking for a.wiseman to help them

6 months of winter, 1 spring, 3 summer, 2 fall

Magical in what way? A few weeks of nice color that you end up having to pick up. Not to mention the increasing darkness while it is too warm to snow. Summers over. So intense work schedules resume....few redeeming values to me. Give me long summer days, a week of 40s, then full on winter and I'd be much more satisfied.

It's that time of year with the leaves changing, crisp air, football, apple picking, cider etc. I like Fall.

Fall lasts to long. All those things scooter mentioned are nice but I'm just sick of waiting to mid december for decent snow chances. Trips to nne in that time frame...so far ..have been enuf to satisfy my snow desires. Was in stowe yesterday ...would be so excited for upslope to start in fall on the mtn.

Fall lasts to long. All those things scooter mentioned are nice but I'm just sick of waiting to mid december for decent snow chances. Trips to nne in that time frame...so far ..have been enuf to satisfy my snow desires. Was in stowe yesterday ...would be so excited for upslope to start in fall on the mtn.

:weenie:

If there is a season a loathe, it's Spring. Although, the last few have been nice. I would take back that statement if they were all like that.

Not sure why Dr Dew prefers the high humidity though

I don't mind heat if it is dry

There's just something about high dews that exites me. It's def grown over the last couple of years. It offers the chance of storms or hvy rains in many cases..it's a fetish that continues to get stronger.

Like I;ve said a couple times...seasons should perform as seasons...Hot and humid summer with storms\mild to warm sunny springs/ cool to cold autumns/cold/snowy winters.

A cold summer is miserable..just as a warm winter is.

Once Ocotber comes...I flip to cold mode..No longer do I want warmth and humidity.

But in summer the next 14+ days are how it should be

There's just something about high dews that exites me. It's def grown over the last couple of years. It offers the chance of storms or hvy rains in many cases..it's a fetish that continues to get stronger.

We don't, get good storms anyways so it's useless to have the hope that dews = severe weather.

Like I;ve said a couple times...seasons should perform as seasons...Hot and humid summer with storms\mild to warm sunny springs/ cool to cold autumns/cold/snowy winters.

A cold summer is miserable..just as a warm winter is.

Once Ocotber comes...I flip to cold mode..No longer do I want warmth and humidity.

All winter I;m trolling you with FOF. I can't wait until it's 60 in January.

But in summer the next 14+ days are how it should be

Archived