• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PEI is has a simlar climate, nice warm day and cool nights, last couple of weeks were great there.

We love PEI! My wife and I vacation there every other year. We will be heading there late next summer. We stay in a cottage on Tracadie Bay, off Blooming Point Rd.

We were on PEI during Hurricane Juan in 2003. It had weakened to a CAT 1 by the time it reached the island, and then tropical storm status once it exited the island. Caused quite a bit of damage on PEI, but Nova Scotia got the worst of it. We were in a storm shelter in Charlottetown for about 12 hours, and the peak wind gust in that town was 86 mph.

Yeah I can't believe I forgot that. Brutal..just brutal on open paved parking lots when it is a sunny hot day. I suppose all these Summer lovers enjoy that great 120F temp radiating off the blacktop. Then entering your 130F car and the few minutes of hell before the a/c kicks in good. At least I don't have vinyl seats anymore...that was a hell as a kid when most cars had those seats.

Agree with this list 100%

I wish we had 8 months of winter, 3 of fall, and 1 of spring. Summer has no use for me.

You should have added that when its hot out the seats in the car are hot, and the steering wheel burns your hands.

You tout all year round that you are so happy you don't live by the coast... then someone calls you landlocked and all the sudden you live near the coast.

With that said, we are getting some CT Blizz weather this week whether we like it or not.

I am not the coast. Never said i was. An hour+ drive and I'm there. i am interior SNE..a perfect place for storms, snow,heat

"The strong sun beaming in your windows at 5:15 AM when you are trying to get a decent night's sleep.

I really I don't need sun before 7 AM."

has nothing to do with heat, though

I wish we had 12 months of early october. Lots of wind. Warm days, cool nights. Little humidity.

Rick and I are similar in some respects. I love hiking....did 17 miles (city) on a hot day Sunday. And yes...autumn is easier. But shortening days and still months until snow chances render most aspects useless.

In the end, I'll find a way to be optimistic no matter what the wx brings. That's what got me here and hopefully it will carry me to the finish line not yet visible (with good fortune).

Rick and I are similar in some respects. I love hiking....did 17 miles (city) on a hot day Sunday. And yes...autumn is easier. But shortening days and still months until snow chances render most aspects useless.

In the end, I'll find a way to be optimistic no matter what the wx brings. That's what got me here and hopefully it will carry me to the finish line not yet visible (with good fortune).

Hiking in the fall in the woods is fantastic, no bugs, crisp air. Rack up another top ten July day, just enough breeze too. BSE BVE continues, perfection, sunsational!

Sea breeze for the win!

After a high of 81.1°F at 10:29am, the sea breeze worked in and has cooled things off to a comfy 76.8°F on a south wind with crystal clear skies.

Rivaling March for the best stretch of summer weather.

I took one ill timed trip to Pinehurst two weekends ago in the triple digit heat, and it really made me appreciate these perfect Maine summer days.

hopefully the weekend can deliver some water. maybe an opportunity or two next week with a fropa? but starting to get too dry.

When i walked the dog this morning i noticed the leaves on the large deciduos trees are starting to droop.

Soaking rain would be nice but does not really look real promising at this point.

I took one ill timed trip to Pinehurst two weekends ago in the triple digit heat, and it really made me appreciate these perfect Maine summer days.

Hard to believe my winter and summer vacations both featured low 90 high 80s with dews in the 50/ low 60 s.

While you're grabbing shawls to keep warm, we're having the ladies at beaches go nude to stay cool

Lolz...no one's grabbing shawls at 77/60. I just went out for my mid day consitutional (not to be confused with my early AM different constitutional...).

Here temps are generally in the mid 80s. Wxbugs within 1-2 miles of me 85-86. BOS at 82 despite a fresh easterly breeze for the past 3 hours.

The string of perfect summer days this week has been awesome. And the cool nights perfect for any activity, whether sleeping or night fishing on the Kennebec.

When i walked the dog this morning i noticed the leaves on the large deciduos trees are starting to droop.

Soaking rain would be nice but does not really look real promising at this point.

Yea when I mowed last night saw lots of dried up leaves. it's dryer than normal, thankfully winter is only 5 months away. We need a soaking rain, after next Wed would be perfect.

Lolz...no one's grabbing shawls at 77/60. I just went out for my mid day consitutional (not to be confused with my early AM different constitutional...).

Here temps are generally in the mid 80s. Wxbugs within 1-2 miles of me 85-86. BOS at 82 despite a fresh easterly breeze for the past 3 hours.

BDL should hit 90 today

Archived