• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 months of fire....

trinity of torch

circle of fire

fof

Time to work Timmy boy, I look forward to coming home tonight and seeing all your "lol" "lmao" quotes to Phillipina's hate posts directed towards me.

It makes me happy to know that you care so much, that you would go out of your way, all the way from Edison and troll me:). Thanks buddy, you make sure to have a wonderful day!

Stay cool.

Tim~aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I looked at the Euro. with ridging building in after day 10

Brian saw the trofiness holding through D15 but don't let facts get in your way. He posted a page back. Essentially the consensus is a return to glorious summer wx....highs in the 80s, lows in the 50s/60s depending on elevation and urbanity.

I have to say this is one of the finest summers in my memory...simply glorious nearly every day. Warm but not too hot and gorgeous evenings.

Yeah I didn't get that. If anything things looked less impressive than yesterday heat/humidity wise after Wed. Maybe he's riding the GGEM.

He should just enjoy the warm weather over the next several days and focus on this stretch rather than trying to spin any potential trough in the long range into just a mild down.

Brian saw the trofiness holding through D15 but don't let facts get in your way. He posted a page back. Essentially the consensus is a return to glorious summer wx....highs in the 80s, lows in the 50s/60s depending on elevation and urbanity.

I have to say this is one of the finest summers in my memory...simply glorious nearly every day. Warm but not too hot and gorgeous evenings.

Bingo, this is from Phil's FB page, notice anything?

0045248f.jpg

Everyone up here is talking about how nice it's been....nicest in memory for the first half of summer. No clouds, just sun everyday. No highs that are cold in the 60s but also no really excessive heat...just 75-85F just about everyday with cool mornings and warm afternoons.

It really has been amazing so far.

Everyone up here is talking about how nice it's been....nicest in memory for the first half of summer. No clouds, just sun everyday. No highs that are cold in the 60s but also no really excessive heat...just 75-85F just about everyday with cool mornings and warm afternoons.

Really is the BSE, really.

That is due for a change in rather short order.

Yep, it's been just awesome. Warm days and cool nights in the 40's and low 50's. Just no high heat and humidity. So glad we don't deal with the ugliness fear mongering Warministas like Scoob and Blizz endure all Summer. Poor guys.

That is due for a change in rather short order.

Yeah but even a few days in the upper 80s or low 90s isn't bad because our forecast lows are in the 50s so nighttime sleeping weather is good. Its really been quite pleasant but metro areas that don't drop below 70F at night may feel differently.

Take yesterday...high of 88F was nice and warm, but this morning we dropped to 51F and it was crisp out. About 6-7 hours last night in the low to mid 50s cooled off the house to almost chilly level, now the temp goes back up and repeat.

I'll take days of high/low of 88/51 with full sun all summer long.

Not sure if you've got that W-Chesterfield distance correct. I think pete's about 15 miles south of me--I'm 60 miles north of BDL.

I got the straight line distances from Google maps. I measured with a ruler, so they could be off a little, but CT is not a terribly tall state, and Western MA's height is pretty small too, so even at the MA-VT border it's not that far from the shore.

Yep, it's been just awesome. Warm days and cool nights in the 40's and low 50's. Just no high heat and humidity. So glad we don't deal with the ugliness fear mongering Warministas like Scoob and Blizz endure all Summer. Poor guys.

It has been warm and I'm not trying to sell or jam the cold spin stuff down everyones throats...it's just that we have had a rare run of below normal lows and above normal highs, at least in this area. It's been a while since low temps have actually been below normal, and owes to just a great sunny, dry, summer pattern.

I got the straight line distances from Google maps. I measured with a ruler, so they could be off a little, but CT is not a terribly tall state, and Western MA's height is pretty small too, so even at the MA-VT border it's not that far from the shore.

Yup--I'm 8 miles below the VT line and I can get down to New London in a little over two hours. Goes to show why the combination of elevation and distance are so crucial in determining whether someone has a coastal influence or not.

Expecting a pretty gross lunch-time run today. Already 77.0 and it's only 11:00A.M.

As many of thought yetserday models/ens are moving twds midwest ridging moving into SNE past day 10.. Euro backed off on it's ridiculous trough too. Now just a warm mid-upper 80's type trough Next Thurs/Fri

:huh:

Last night's euro op showed more troughing favoring the east coast towards the end of the run (with a ridge established across the plains) than either of the previous 2 runs (which had shown the ridge ready to fully spill eastward)...the consistent euro ensembles continue to show a significant height weakness signal across the east coast for the 11-15 day.. with the mean ridge in the mid-continent...With that said, it should still be in the +1 to +3 range across the Northeast through this time, but greatest heat is across the central..Maybe we can find a day or so in that window where bigger heat quickly spills in as we get closer, but that would likely be more of a mid-Atl than new england risk.

Yup--I'm 8 miles below the VT line and I can get down to New London in a little over two hours. Goes to show why the combination of elevation and distance are so crucial in determining whether someone has a coastal influence or not.

Expecting a pretty gross lunch-time run today. Already 77.0 and it's only 11:00A.M.

81/64 atm. thin cloud cover keeping the sun somewhat tempered.

have I mentioned we need rain? lol

Does the sunday t-storm potential look better for inland locations?

yeah, but lots of days off for thanksgiving make up for it, and the weather is more interesting by that point with winter within a month

i feel like (and it's really close to true) the weather hasn't been interesting since the end of october...and then irene before that. it's been a LONG time since there's been really interesting stuff going on.

i feel like (and it's really close to true) the weather hasn't been interesting since the end of october...and then irene before that. it's been a LONG time since there's been really interesting stuff going on.

From a personally experiencing weather vantage point, it really has been boring (i did get a great severe storm on Saturday though)...but following weather around the country, extreme weather events continue to impress going on several years now.. droughts are the most boring extreme events lol, BUT the extreme drought across the central (and really the majority of country being in a drought) is very impressive, and the ongoing incredible above normal weather is also insane.

81/64 atm. thin cloud cover keeping the sun somewhat tempered.

have I mentioned we need rain? lol

Does the sunday t-storm potential look better for inland locations?

If we got some rain, this would be an almost perfect summer...

...well, rain, plus some sort of blight that destroyed the deer fly population. OMG they suck

Archived