• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow..Impressive

Friday:
Mostly sunny and hot, moderate humidity. High: 92 inland, 86 shore.

Saturday:
Mostly sunny, hot, and humid. Low: 66. High: 93 inland, 88 shore.

Sunday
: Partly to mostly cloudy, hot, and humid, a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 69. High: 91 inland, 87 shore.

Monday
: Partly sunny, hot, and humid, a chance for a thunderstorm. Low: 71. High: 94 inland, 89 shore.

Tuesday:
Mostly sunny and hot, a little less humid. Low: 71. High: 94 inland, 89 shore.

Wednesday:
Mostly sunny and quite hot. Low: 71. High: 96 inland, 90 shore.

Thursday:
Partly sunny, a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 70. High: 90 inla

Heavy, heavy trough incoming

it's important to reiterate that if it comes to fruition that it doesn't imply below normal temps. But knocking down high temps to near normal in combination with lower dews and cool nights will still feel like relief. Torch weenies sometimes spin things so you need to be specific.

Not a whole lot of 90+ F weather here over the next week:

Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 64. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.

Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 9pm. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.

Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69.

Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?l...p;FcstType=text

Do you really think I can post palm trees and bikinis in your upslope thread this winter? I am sure the powers that be would have no problem with that:)

You should be able to post bikinis all year round ;) Palm trees... ehhh.

I know you are enjoying the warmth to the fullest at the beach... just gotta play around once in a while.

Not a whole lot of 90+ F weather here over the next week:

Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 64. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.

Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 9pm. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.

Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69.

Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.

http://forecast.weat...p;FcstType=text

Perhaps you missed this??

Friday:
Mostly sunny and hot, moderate humidity. High: 92 inland, 86 shore.

Saturday:
Mostly sunny, hot, and humid. Low: 66. High: 93 inland, 88 shore.

Sunday
: Partly to mostly cloudy, hot, and humid, a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 69. High: 91 inland, 87 shore.

Monday
: Partly sunny, hot, and humid, a chance for a thunderstorm. Low: 71. High: 94 inland, 89 shore.

Tuesday:
Mostly sunny and hot, a little less humid. Low: 71. High: 94 inland, 89 shore.

Wednesday:
Mostly sunny and quite hot. Low: 71. High: 96 inland, 90 shore.

Thursday:
Partly sunny, a chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Low: 70. High: 90 inla

I'm going to sound like Tip here so bear with me..The NAO is progged to go poistive in 10 days. Should that happen , one would expect ridging from the Plains/midwest to move east/northeast..which would correct heights and temps well upwards the last week of the month. Be on the look out for that on the ensembles as we get closer..Let's see if they start sensing the +NAO and correct themselves

I'm going to sound like Tip here so bear with me..The NAO is progged to go poistive in 10 days. Should that happen , one would expect ridging from the Plains/midwest to move east/northeast..which would correct heights and temps well upwards the last week of the month. Be on the look out for that on the ensembles as we get closer..Let's see if they start sensing the +NAO and correct themselves

One of your best posts...weather discussion with no spin. I could see that happening as well if the NAO goes positive. I'm still not sold though that we fully get into the heat off to the west and south, but think we may not be able to fight it off as well as we have been. But who knows, the northeast troughs have been persistent in at least keeping us from frying to death.

One of your best posts...weather discussion with no spin. I could see that happening as well if the NAO goes positive. I'm still not sold though that we fully get into the heat off to the west and south, but think we may not be able to fight it off as well as we have been. But who knows, the northeast troughs have been persistent in at least keeping us from frying to death.

Yeah..even though the NAO has been neggy..we've still managed to be normal in June and now much above in July..which proves that as you move deeper into summer..the NAO doesn't matter all that much other than promoting gentle warm troughs. If the NAO had been possy or flips possy..there's nothing to prevent that plains ridging from bugling northeast..We'll see how it all plays out

Yeah..even though the NAO has been neggy..we've still managed to be normal in June and now much above in July..which proves that as you move deeper into summer..the NAO doesn't matter all that much other than promoting gentle warm troughs. If the NAO had been possy or flips possy..there's nothing to prevent that plains ridging from bugling northeast..We'll see how it all plays out

It's all relative. Most of NAMER has been torched so the source region of our cool downs isn't that cold. You sorta contradict yourself though...you go on to say the NAO going + will work a ridge our way, yet you follow it up by saying the NAO doesn't matter.

It's all relative. Most of NAMER has been torched so the source region of our cool downs isn't that cold. You sorta contradict yourself though...you go on to say the NAO going + will work a ridge our way, yet you follow it up by saying the NAO doesn't matter.

It just matters as far as if we have gentle warm troughs like earlier this week..or the ridge poking over us..It matters..but it's minimal in summer

Nice cold front on the 18z GFS for late Wed night into Thu. 850s get down to +4C in N NH. Too bad it won't play out like that.

Where are you getting your GFS products - both my normal depots are broken images and/or empty, even NCEP's site. I think they have a dissemination outage in their public domain spaces.

Archived