• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do not call Kev , Mr Ping for no reason, sh it dude ORH gets marine influence more than Pete, it's geography not mileage.

Yeah the February 2007 Valentines Day Storm was interesting with 8" of sleet here. I never saw anything close to that amount of sleet before the 1998 ice storm at Sugarloaf. I am originally from Bayside, Queens and then Lake Grove, Long Island, so the weather up here is vastly more entertaining especially in the wintertime.

I need to get back to PEI :) I haven't been there in 41 years ...actually remember quite a bit of that trip even though I was only 5.

I was in Cape Breton since then..loved that.

PEI is awesome, the beaches are clean and the water this year has been warmer than normal.. not sure that that means for winter, maybe METs can chime in, actually I've been going to PEI for 15 years and this is the warmest I can remember the water.

We love PEI! My wife and I vacation there every other year. We will be heading there late next summer. We stay in a cottage on Tracadie Bay, off Blooming Point Rd.

We were on PEI during Hurricane Juan in 2003. It had weakened to a CAT 1 by the time it reached the island, and then tropical storm status once it exited the island. Caused quite a bit of damage on PEI, but Nova Scotia got the worst of it. We were in a storm shelter in Charlottetown for about 12 hours, and the peak wind gust in that town was 86 mph.

aweseome, we've driven byTracadie bay, we are on the north side of the island, in Hebrides at Stanley bridge, our cottage is on the New London Bay, we can see the Canvedish dunes from our cottage and the large waves some storms create. It can get very windy when the winds are blowing off the Gulf of St. Lawrence. I have not been lucky enough to experience a tropical system yet but have spent some scary nights with winds howling at 40-60 mph of the gulf and the whole cottage shaking.

I thought that the region inside of I84 - I495 was considered interior New England. I am 2.5 miles south of I-84.

Pete just wants to torment Kevin. His climate has little to do with the vast majority of SNE, and he wants us all to move there and bring our big box stores with us. IMHO, the coastal plain ends just NW of Willimantic. And again, Pete considers anything lower in elevation than he is the coastal plain. I think it's all in good fun. As the crow flies, I'm really close to IAJD, but it rains there many times when I see snow.

I think Steve posted more than anyone today. What about the vacation? Forget about us!

My IPAD travels with me. I sat on a beach, swam, fished, hiked 3 miles with 4 dogs took 3 boisterous kids to ice cream, made chicken Fajita dinner. Up at 5 and out at the fiirepit now listening to the stones while the wife is at her monthly softball team rep league meeting. I have played for 12 straight days, actually exhausted tonight.

My IPAD travels with me. I sat on a beach, swam, fished, hiked 3 miles with 4 dogs took 3 boisterous kids to ice cream, made chicken Fajita dinner. Up at 5 and out at the fiirepit now listening to the stones while the wife is at her monthly softball team rep league meeting. I have played for 12 straight days, actually exhausted tonight.

Leave the iPad behind. Lie on your back and look at the stars and see which grandchild can count the most. Looking forward to my own sojourn to the NH Lakes region for 5 days in August and then Wisconsin for 10 days later in the month.

Leave the iPad behind. Lie on your back and look at the stars and see which grandchild can count the most. Looking forward to my own sojourn to the NH Lakes region for 5 days in August and then Wisconsin for 10 days later in the month.

LOL

I just camped with a gizillion Grandkids for a week straight. I think we counted them all. fYI Star Walk is by far the best app ever. Believe me Jerry I have been doing it all, including staying up all night with one grandson who was scared of sleeping outside. We saw the sunrise over the lake before he fell asleep.

LOL

I just camped with a gizillion Grandkids for a week straight. I think we counted them all. fYI Star Walk is by far the best app ever. Believe me Jerry I have been doing it all, including staying up all night with one grandson who was scared of sleeping outside. We saw the sunrise over the lake before he fell asleep.

Are you the suspect on the run in your town?

Pete just wants to torment Kevin. His climate has little to do with the vast majority of SNE, and he wants us all to move there and bring our big box stores with us. IMHO, the coastal plain ends just NW of Willimantic. And again, Pete considers anything lower in elevation than he is the coastal plain. I think it's all in good fun. As the crow flies, I'm really close to IAJD, but it rains there many times when I see snow.

It's not that you lower elevation CT people are bad, it's just that your Winters blow and your Summers are ugly hot. I know that everyone can't be as fortunate to live in a beautiful, pastoral setting. I don't hold it against you, I just question your decision making abilities. It's a free country, you guys do realize you could move to a cool place right?

Approximate distance to nearest coastline:

W Chesterfield MA-New Haven CT (Long Island Sound) = 60.7 miles

Tolland CT-Old Saybrook CT (Long Island Sound) = 44.7 miles

Not sure if you've got that W-Chesterfield distance correct. I think pete's about 15 miles south of me--I'm 60 miles north of BDL.

Lovin' life today on the ridgeline at 4K feet... even into the low 70s up here but man is that south wind ripping at times.

That there's an awesome photo, Scott. I drove through Stowe earlier in the week for a meeting at Johnson State. Too bad I needed to get back for things later in the day here--I would have like to have seen if we could have met up.

Nice and humid this morning, wife is away for a few days with family. New found respect as this morning has been pure chaos getting the little ones showered, fed packed for camp, lunch packed planning my day and trying to get out the door.

Viva la Moms

Vival La Summer

Fraternity of the Fire

TIm~aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Coastal fronts make it to Tolland all the time, rarely to Pete., crows fly different in our weather. Met is a b it ch

Coastal fronts never make it here lol..What are you talking about? We warm at mid levels which is why it can pelt sometimes..Nothing to do with the costal front which usually never even makes it north of Norwich

As many of thought yetserday models/ens are moving twds midwest ridging moving into SNE past day 10.. Euro backed off on it's ridiculous trough too. Now just a warm mid-upper 80's type trough Next Thurs/Fri

Did you even look at a wx model this morning?

Archived