• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of it depends upon what your interests are. I am a hiker and so Fall wx is just the ideal for that. Even a snowless November is ideal hike wx and the views are great from the mountains with the foliage down. Plus it does tend to snow some in those areas so you can get a nice surprise.

I admit November in the lowlands can suck wx-wise, but doesn't really bother me because you know the good stuff is immediately ahead.

Magical in what way? A few weeks of nice color that you end up having to pick up. Not to mention the increasing darkness while it is too warm to snow. Summers over. So intense work schedules resume....few redeeming values to me. Give me long summer days, a week of 40s, then full on winter and I'd be much more satisfied.

There's just something about high dews that exites me. It's def grown over the last couple of years. It offers the chance of storms or hvy rains in many cases..it's a fetish that continues to get stronger.

Like I;ve said a couple times...seasons should perform as seasons...Hot and humid summer with storms\mild to warm sunny springs/ cool to cold autumns/cold/snowy winters.

A cold summer is miserable..just as a warm winter is.

Once Ocotber comes...I flip to cold mode..No longer do I want warmth and humidity.

But in summer the next 14+ days are how it should be

Flames, torches, dews so high that thinking makes you sweat, and the ground so dry that the ants are farting dust..... you can have all of this and I hope you enjoy it. To each his/her own. I will happily sit back and enjoy my own little micro-climate. Warm summer days and cool sea breeze nights.

Flames, torches, dews so high that thinking makes you sweat, and the ground so dry that the ants are farting dust..... you can have all of this and I hope you enjoy it. To each his/her own. I will happily sit back and enjoy my own little micro-climate. Warm summer days and cool sea breeze nights.

Your area is backdoor hell. I just wouldn't want to live near the North Atlantic for that exact reason. As bad as we can get them in CT..your area takes the cake..only worse place is Nova Scotia.

But enjoy the next few months!!

Your area is backdoor hell. I just wouldn't want to live near the North Atlantic for that exact reason. As bad as we can get them in CT..your area takes the cake..only worse place is Nova Scotia.

Maine doesn't have much more stratus than ern MA, just cooler. Go to his area and you'll appreciate how beautiful it is.

Actually, New Foundland and Labrador would be worse than Nova Scotia for your "backdoor hell." I would love to have a nice little place on the east coast of New Foundland. I could sit out on my deck during summer, tip back a few Sam Adams and watch the icebergs drift by.

Never-the-less, enjoy the rest of your summer too, Kevin.

Actually, New Foundland and Labrador would be worse than Nova Scotia for your "backdoor hell." I would love to have a nice little place on the east coast of New Foundland. I could sit out on my deck during summer, tip back a few Sam Adams and watch the icebergs drift by.

Never-the-less, enjoy the rest of your summer too, Kevin.

He's land locked in an awfully boring area, so don't mind his aggressive behavior.

have you ever been to Bath? it's a really really nice area. that entire stretch of coastal maine from York to his area (and i'm sure probably further up too) is awesome.

It's a totally valid viewpoint.

I just am not so into extreme wx ...that I can bring myself to wish for such disgusting things as heat/humidity in the Summer.

In the Spring my allergies just ruin it for me. Otherwise I would probably love Spring for the temps.

There's just something about high dews that exites me. It's def grown over the last couple of years. It offers the chance of storms or hvy rains in many cases..it's a fetish that continues to get stronger.

Like I;ve said a couple times...seasons should perform as seasons...Hot and humid summer with storms\mild to warm sunny springs/ cool to cold autumns/cold/snowy winters.

A cold summer is miserable..just as a warm winter is.

Once Ocotber comes...I flip to cold mode..No longer do I want warmth and humidity.

But in summer the next 14+ days are how it should be

have you ever been to Bath? it's a really really nice area. that entire stretch of coastal maine from York to his area (and i'm sure probably further up too) is awesome.

It's not like we are caked in with fog everyday in the summer, perpetually on the east side of a sea breeze front hoping the fog bank rolls back out to sea. Nor do we walk around with mositure dripping off of our parkas and litchens growing on our foreheads. For me, it's coast or inland toast. I prefer the coast.

Some reasons that I really dislike Summer:

I'm with you on all those points. Summer is by far the most overrated season in my opinion. Other than longer daylight, motorcycling and swimming, summer is pretty uselss in my book. For me, the worst part is the burning sun. I can take hot days with cloud cover but that sun just beats the sh*t out of me. Relentless...

There is going to be a huge difference in perception with people who lived in shaded neighborhoods versus people like me who live in mainly open fields. You take an 85F day in the shade versus that same 85F day in full sun and it's like you're on the mercury or something when out there trying to do physical things.

85F when it comes late on like September 15th is just so much more enjoyable with that bearable sun angle.

I'm with you on all those points. Summer is by far the most overrated season in my opinion. Other than longer daylight, motorcycling and swimming, summer is pretty uselss in my book. For me, the worst part is the burning sun. I can take hot days with cloud cover but that sun just beats the sh*t out of me. Relentless...

PEI is has a simlar climate, nice warm day and cool nights, last couple of weeks were great there.

Landlocked? I'm 60 miles from the coast..and probably go to the beach more than you do and you live 2 miles away from it

You tout all year round that you are so happy you don't live by the coast... then someone calls you landlocked and all the sudden you live near the coast.

With that said, we are getting some CT Blizz weather this week whether we like it or not.

Temps rising impressively across SNE, up 3 or 4 per hour since dawn most places. Already mid 80s at FIT. I bet 90 is doable, in the first of what might be an extended number of days in a kind of low impact heat wave… Say 89-92F type thing, though the 00z Euro had more as near as D3.

00z had +20C, 850mb air, and we are likely tickling 90 today and tomorrow anyway. Already a heat wave in the books by then for a few locales. There are hints in there of some Sonoran entraining.. that would be a different ball game if some of that air gets into this. The shear axis has to fill some to allow that first.

You tout all year round that you are so happy you don't live by the coast... then someone calls you landlocked and all the sudden you live near the coast.

With that said, we are getting some CT Blizz weather this week whether we like it or not.

:lol:

Let me say that if I am land locked, I'd like to be up in your hood, or east in NH or ME.

Some reasons that I really dislike Summer:

Mosquitos

Swamp ass humid wx where everything feels damp, even your bed sheets.

Tics/Lyme Disease

Searing sun that saps you of all strength in any physical activities. Example: Don't tell me jogging, playing tennis, etc.

in 85F under a strong early July sun is a pleasant experience

Warm nights where you can't get the room to cool enough for a decent night's sleep

Or high electric bills (air conditioning) if you go that route

Horse flies, black flies, etc.

Mowing the lawn - much more time consuming and annoying than snow clean-up

The strong sun beaming in your windows at 5:15 AM when you are trying to get a decent night's sleep.

I really I don't need sun before 7 AM.

Hot dry wx (like now) that forces you to spend a disproportionate amount of time watering things.

Slugs - awful things come out all over when its wet and humid.

Laying there at night in the dark when a mosquito has invaded the room. Listening to that creepy whining sound they make and facing the prospect of getting up from bed to try and hunt it down, or if you're too tired then cowering under the sheets.

Road work, paving projects...just annoying.

Pollen...grass pollen, then the horror of ragweed season. Tree pollen is a Spring thing, but equally disgusting

Carpenter ants, termites, cockroaches and other insidious insects that you have to spend time combating or pay someone

Cleaning up after T storm wind damage or torrential downpours that wreck havoc such as flooding basement, etc.

Snow doesn't do that kind of damage.

Makes me crave a nice 20F day..all the varmints dead, all the pollen gone, mosquitos dead, lawn dead/no work, clear pure Canadian air..... it can't come soon enough....

Agree with this list 100%

I wish we had 8 months of winter, 3 of fall, and 1 of spring. Summer has no use for me.

You should have added that when its hot out the seats in the car are hot, and the steering wheel burns your hands.

Archived