• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update II: As of July 10, SNE region's 4 primary climo sites are all solidly above normal nearing mid July

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just laughing at the hundreds of posts about dews while enjoying perhaps the finest 4 day Mid July low dew stretch in many a year. Looks very typical coming up, be careful what you wish for, fog, mist in the mix too. High dews with little sun, perfection for the twisted ones.

EC ens still advertising the trough past about d9-10 too. Nothing cold...just some relief from the high heat and some lower dews.

The best part is the Friends of Fire can all unite in January when we are 60.

That's what I keep thinking...the same poster celebrating heat will be the one that has a breakdown in January if it's sunny and 60 with short sleeves wandering around BDL.

Or claiming it's not a torch just because BDL broke into the sun and hit 50 while the hill tips never got above 40. I can't wait till we start using 1K feet and ORH to verify forecasts again instead of BDL.

That's what I keep thinking...the same poster celebrating heat will be the one that has a breakdown in January if it's sunny and 60 with short sleeves wandering around BDL.

Call me stupid but no one can say anything bad about our current weather except farmers and they will be satiated starting Sunday. Perfection, sunsational.

Regarding the earlier SST and winter storms discussions, according to research, Gulf and off the Southeast coast, exert the greatest influence. An increased frequency of strong storms can be anticipated when warmer-than-normal SST characterize these regions during the summer months preceding the ECWS season. http://ecws.eas.cornell.edu/degaetano_MetApps_web.pdf

Doesn't sound anything like earlier this week when we had low dews and mid 80's.

Sounds like instead of 90-86/74 like the next 10 days it's 88/68

We'll see...H5 heights go to normal d10-11 and then go below d12-15. Looks like more dews in the 40s or at least 50s to me. Until then it looks like a warm Fri/Sat and then some rain chances Sun. Then your 90s and dews take over for much of next week.

We'll see...H5 heights go to normal d10-11 and then go below d12-15. Looks like more dews in the 40s or at least 50s to me. Until then it looks like a warm Fri/Sat and then some rain chances Sun. Then your 90s and dews take over for much of next week.

COC days return AMOUT.

Where are you getting all this fog and mist? It's not May..There's not going to be fog and mist to burn off everyday lol..Once you get SST's up..you don't have that problem like you do early in the season

When you can see the air it sucks. Stagnant air mass, no mixing, farts linger for hours. Horrible.

82/63

It was another perfect day.

Really not much else to say.........its the warmest year ever in recorded history outside of maine which is second warmest, not much changing looking ahead. It is what it is, get out there and enjoy the weather and hope that we see some snow next winter.

Other than that its status quo and the status is BSEII

Circle of Sizzle

Dew is only 59 here and it is refreshing in the shade with a seabreeze here. Maybe the seabreezes as of late have just been too light. This is what it should be. My thermo says 79 in the shade.

Its a perfect night Scott nice south breeze here, very refreshing outside.

Enjoy the evening.

Yeah, but boring as hell. LOL 30 days without rain here....

I hear ya Rick. It would be nice to get a nice pre dawn light show now and again, but I enjoy the bland sunny weather. At least you can take a walk through a mud free meadow I guess:) I always wanted to ask you about your nic, is that relevant to Logans Run?

Finally do a few hours of man work and you're all tuckered out.lol Would you rather grade papers or install Durarock?

I used hardiboard...it is actually fun. More beat from running around the last 2 days getting supplies, materials, tools.

I enjoy physical labor. This is fun because thinking is involved, too.

I def am enjoying it more than schoolwork. I alao mowed, did the grocery shopping, shuttled kids to camp, help with my mil's car

Busy day is all. Great wx for this stuff

Tiles go in tomorrow.

I used hardiboard...it is actually fun. More beat from running around the last 2 days getting supplies, materials, tools.

I enjoy physical labor. This is fun because thinking is involved, too.

I def am enjoying it more than schoolwork. I alao mowed, did the grocery shopping, shuttled kids to camp, help with my mil's car

Busy day is all. Great wx for this stuff

Tiles go in tomorrow.

Nice. Very busy Summer here. Trying to squeeze in tons of work and tons of fun. It's just a drag to have to sleep as it gets in the way of doing all there is to do. The weather has been fantastic. We're almost 1/2 through July already and we really haven't had any nasty heat. My friend is coming down from AK next week and we're going to be building some stuff on the farm and trying to get some paragliding and golfing in. Life is short, work hard, play hard.

Yep Logan's Run! I loved that movie as a kid...

I took the name Logan for the hell of it on IRC chat eons ago...as in 1994. The 11 was added because there was another Logan. I just kept it because everyone knows me as it.

I hear ya Rick. It would be nice to get a nice pre dawn light show now and again, but I enjoy the bland sunny weather. At least you can take a walk through a mud free meadow I guess:) I always wanted to ask you about your nic, is that relevant to Logans Run?

Archived