joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.3" at Childrens in NE. Would guess around 2" here at least. Some minor tree damage on street tho I don't think it was that windy. One is flowering so maybe just weight of rain.

1.2" in the CoCoRahs gauge. 1.1" on the Davis. Looks like I have a little adjusting to do.

I find it depends on the rates.. if it goes over 3" an hour or when it drizzles (.1"/hr) it starts reporting low. Anywhere in-between it reports within or near the factory's 4% nominal accuracy.

preposterous amounts of rain in MTP tonight...I was there for the whole event.....2"+ it had to be....rivers running through the alleys...

Barely 0.1" here but was obvious that just to south of us something was up as it got real black sky looking that way. Not a lot of thunder and light that I could tell. Sounds like it was mostly a real deluge. Top 10 downpour event for you Mr zwyts?

Barely 0.1" here but was obvious that just to south of us something was up as it got real black sky looking that way. Not a lot of thunder and light that I could tell. Sounds like it was mostly a real deluge. Top 10 downpour event for you Mr zwyts?

I had maybe a dozen drops here. Crazy to think it was pouring for 2+ hours less than 5 miles here.

Probably top 10. Unfortunately I was busy with a social engagement and I couldn't really enjoy it though I kept showing radar to people and explaining that it popped up and sat and wasn't one of those that traveled. Looks like 1/2 miles east/southeast of where I was was ground zero. The bar that I was at was flooding and when they opened the doors to the alley it looked like level 3 rapids. People kept streaming in drenched. It was solid.

It looks like some of those stationary storms (like the one over DC last night) are popping up in western MD and southern PA.

First one in the area yesterday was that one well north of Baltimore. Then the small storms started to go up near Manassas later in the day, with the big one over DC eventually firing on the outflow boundary from the former.

Of course, I have no idea if that means anything at all for today. B)

First one in the area yesterday was that one well north of Baltimore. Then the small storms started to go up near Manassas later in the day, with the big one over DC eventually firing on the outflow boundary from the former.

Of course, I have no idea if that means anything at all for today. B)

Yea, me either, but it was so quiet in here.

And except for the deluged area last night, most of could use a downpour or two.

Yea, me either, but it was so quiet in here.

And except for the deluged area last night, most of could use a downpour or two.

That's very true. The ground around me isn't *too* bad off after we got a storm Sunday afternoon, but we could still use a decent soaking as it got so dry leading up to that with the heat and relative lack of storms.

An area-wise >.5" or so would go down really well with a lot of people, I'd imagine.

At least even today. Next chance is at least a week away.

Both the National Weather Service and Weather Channel are calling for an overnight low of 71 (exactly normal) and a Friday high of 87 (-2) at DCA, so that would eke out a negative departure by a degree.

Archived