amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storms should be a little later get going today, not as cool mid-levels as yesterday. Isolated showers to start around 2pm but then quickly falling apart as low shear and water loading take over. Dry air around 700mb might cause some local weak microbursts when any sustained convection collapses. Mountain circulation based storms will have the best chance of sustaining themselves.

In other news: The RH is down in the 30's! :drunk:

If you look at the hourly graph, they only have the HI hitting 101 or 102 today. 107 tomorrow, so I bet we do see one for Wed.

yeah ive seen guidance.. im not necessarily saying it's the wrong call. i just sorta expected one given we often get one even when it's marginal--though many of those need to be canceled early.

don't quite get why no heat advisory today... i guess it'll be borderline but can't recall many days with highs forecast near 100 without one

i know they discussed the possibility a couple days ago and surprised they have yet to pull the trigger.

I have a bad sensor in the AC in my truck and the damn thing shuts off when at idle for a 5 minutes or so. Bad traffic inbound 267/66 in the workzone at noon and off goes the AC. Good grief did it get hot with the quickess.

I really don't mind heat all that much but I gotta be honest here. It's been a roaster ever since the nice June pattern went away. I'm getting sick of sweating my eyeballs out.

I'm going to NYC this weekend and it's supposed to be 82 on Sat. I may have to bring a jacket.

I think Ian just got his heat advisory.

Tomorrow

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS

ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM

EDT WEDNESDAY.

* HEAT INDEX VALUES...AROUND 105 DEGREES.

* MAXIMUM TEMPERATURES...AROUND 100 IN THE CITIES...UPPER 90S

ELSEWHERE EAST OF THE MOUNTAINS.

Tomorrow

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS

ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM

EDT WEDNESDAY.

* HEAT INDEX VALUES...AROUND 105 DEGREES.

* MAXIMUM TEMPERATURES...AROUND 100 IN THE CITIES...UPPER 90S

ELSEWHERE EAST OF THE MOUNTAINS.

lol

Yeah. I saw that and edited my post. However, it says good things about being a teacher and not knowing what day of the week it is! B)

DCA got to 96 so we have that

Speaking of which, I just noticed a real oddity for the last two days (July 15-16) at DCA: High temperature each day of 96, low temperature each day of 76, and precipitation each day of 0.02 inches. I've checked back to 2000 and can find no other consecutive days at DCA where the high and low temperatures, as well as measurable precipitation, were exactly the same each day. (I emphasize measurable precipitation because I have found a couple of days with a trace of precipitation each day and the same high and low temperatures.) Does anyone know of a similar situation in the past? Stat geeks want to know.

Speaking of which, I just noticed a real oddity for the last two days (July 15-16) at DCA: High temperature each day of 96, low temperature each day of 76, and precipitation each day of 0.02 inches. I've checked back to 2000 and can find no other consecutive days at DCA where the high and low temperatures, as well as measurable precipitation, were exactly the same each day. (I emphasize measurable precipitation because I have found a couple of days with a trace of precipitation each day and the same high and low temperatures.) Does anyone know of a similar situation in the past? Stat geeks want to know.

I think that is it. I found a bunch that were 0.01" off, but nothing dead on.

A couple of interesting ones

3/12/2010 - 55/48 0.61"

3/13/2010 - 55/48 0.60"

1/29/1939 - 43/37 0.99"

1/30/1939 - 43/37 0.97"

Archived