• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

FWIW, and I saw Ellinwoods concerns and post, but SPC added LWX into SLGT for 15 wind.. 15 hail DC north

I'm not sure why.. I don't really see it at all svr wise today outside perhaps a pulse storm. I guess they're hedging because it will be so hot/humid.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1630 update - 15 hail for all LWX now... 30 wind along a line from about DCA to MRB and then goes to the NE

looks like stuff near harrisonburg would drop south of us if it survives. the shear is crap south of the pa border but terrain/lee trough could fire a pulser or two imo. who knows. i do still have this inkling that we've seen higher probs from spc since the derecho but maybe im overreading it.

I have a question, is history repeating itself this summer?? It seems that after most hot summers the past decade, the following winter featured a KA snowstorm. Is this a product of the developing el niño?? My air conditioning bill was the highest last month that it has ever been and I have lived here for 25 years. I'm in the same opinion as usedtobe, this is getting old. And we're only in the middle of July, we still have all of August and sept to get thru. Any thoughts, thanks

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 491

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

1245 PM EDT WED JUL 18 2012

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 491 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM EDT

FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

VAC003-013-015-043-047-059-061-069-079-091-099-107-113-125-137-

139-153-157-165-171-177-179-187-510-540-600-610-630-660-683-685-

790-820-840-190100-

/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0491.120718T1645Z-120719T0100Z/

VA

. VIRGINIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ALBEMARLE ARLINGTON AUGUSTA

CLARKE CULPEPER FAIRFAX

FAUQUIER FREDERICK GREENE

HIGHLAND KING GEORGE LOUDOUN

MADISON NELSON ORANGE

PAGE PRINCE WILLIAM RAPPAHANNOCK

ROCKINGHAM SHENANDOAH SPOTSYLVANIA

STAFFORD WARREN

VIRGINIA INDEPENDENT CITIES INCLUDED ARE

ALEXANDRIA CHARLOTTESVILLE FAIRFAX

FALLS CHURCH FREDERICKSBURG HARRISONBURG

MANASSAS MANASSAS PARK STAUNTON

WAYNESBORO WINCHESTER

MD

. MARYLAND COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ALLEGANY ANNE ARUNDEL BALTIMORE

CALVERT CAROLINE CARROLL

CECIL CHARLES FREDERICK

HARFORD HOWARD KENT

MONTGOMERY PRINCE GEORGES QUEEN ANNE`S

ST. MARYS TALBOT WASHINGTON

MARYLAND INDEPENDENT CITIES INCLUDED ARE

BALTIMORE CITY

My air conditioning bill was the highest last month that it has ever been and I have lived here for 25 years.

I found this part of your comments interesting. I got my BGE electric bill yesterday and my first reaction was how unexpectedly low my monthly bill was -- approx $165. I'm used to $200-$300+ monthly bills during high heat. Wondering why mine was so low, but I'm not gonna call BGE and ask. :whistle:

Overall storm coverage will be the determining factor in whether or not the SPC's up-tick in the potential verifies... I'm not so optimistic, but not by much.

SPC mesoanalysis shows 4500 J/kg SFC CAPE across northern MD... plenty of fuel for the storms once they work into our area.

I have a question, is history repeating itself this summer?? It seems that after most hot summers the past decade, the following winter featured a KA snowstorm. Is this a product of the developing el niño?? My air conditioning bill was the highest last month that it has ever been and I have lived here for 25 years. I'm in the same opinion as usedtobe, this is getting old. And we're only in the middle of July, we still have all of August and sept to get thru. Any thoughts, thanks

I found this part of your comments interesting. I got my BGE electric bill yesterday and my first reaction was how unexpectedly low my monthly bill was -- approx $165. I'm used to $200-$300+ monthly bills during high heat. Wondering why mine was so low, but I'm not gonna call BGE and ask. :whistle:

Are they actual or Estimated readings? My Estimated reading last month, forgot to call in the reading, was high ($121) but I just got my bill for this month and it was an Actual reading and it is lower at $91. Just a reminder to myself to make sure to call in my readings on Estimated months as it probably is not as high as they think.

Overall storm coverage will be the determining factor in whether or not the SPC's up-tick in the potential verifies... I'm not so optimistic, but not by much.

SPC mesoanalysis shows 4500 J/kg SFC CAPE across northern MD... plenty of fuel for the storms once they work into our area.

If the put up a special 18z sounding, would it pop and descend back to Sterling? ;)

Are they actual or Estimated readings? My Estimated reading last month, forgot to call in the reading, was high ($121) but I just got my bill for this month and it was an Actual reading and it is lower at $91. Just a reminder to myself to make sure to call in my readings on Estimated months as it probably is not as high as they think.

Did you lose power for a week? I'm hoping that outage saves money on the a/c bill for the rest of the month...

Did you lose power for a week? I'm hoping that outage saves money on the a/c bill for the rest of the month...

I only lost for 36 hours. Pepco is allowed to CHRAGE me for the first 24 hours so I only got a 12 hour free ride. And it probably took an excessive amount of energy to cool my house down to 75 from 95 so I'm probably at a net loss. If that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy I don't know what does.

Looks like the NAM might be doing fairly well with coverage. I was sorta dismissing it.

It is absurd how badly the NAM is owning the GFS on surface temps. Even the Euro wasn't fired up about 100 this week, but the NAM was solid.

I'll take the under and i like my odds

They are fat, fat odds.

When i went to their open house they said once winds were so light aloft that it did at least fall back on the property.

That is amazing.

Archived