12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably should knock off 5 degrees(minimum) for the highs comparing to 1930's and 7-12 for the lows.

Why's that? 1930 readings were near instantaneous and not sited well.

Ian - meh for severe tomorrow?

hard to disagree with spc too much that focus of svr should be north. hard to say too much more yet.. not the type of day that stands out at least.

I think that is it. I found a bunch that were 0.01" off, but nothing dead on.

A couple of interesting ones

3/12/2010 - 55/48 0.61"

3/13/2010 - 55/48 0.60"

1/29/1939 - 43/37 0.99"

1/30/1939 - 43/37 0.97"

Thanks for the quick research. I noticed that 2010 near-miss, but had not gotten back to the 20th Century.

thursday and friday might be more interesting than tomorrow -- marginally at least

If I had to pick between the three I'd choose Thursday. Friday might get a little shortwave, but by then the front appears to be too far south for most... RIC could see something on Friday, though. I agree that tomorrow the storms will mostly stay too far north, at least during peak heating.

Just gotta hope we catch one of the pulsers that pop up.

Gonna go with isolated pulse storms in the DC region this afternoon and evening, with a few severe wind gusts possible. Can't do much better when the highest wind speed is only 20-25 knots throughout the whole atmospheric column. Probably something similar tomorrow.

Gonna go with isolated pulse storms in the DC region this afternoon and evening, with a few severe wind gusts possible. Can't do much better when the highest wind speed is only 20-25 knots throughout the whole atmospheric column. Probably something similar tomorrow.

How about areas north of DC?

About the same all the way up to the MD border. Whenever I use the phrase "DC region" I encompass most of MD (including Baltimore) and northeast VA within that.

I had to ask, some people don't include Balt and north when they say "DC".

Thank you :)

I had to ask, some people don't include Balt and north when they say "DC".

Thank you :)

No problem... figured as much. I typically like to keep things more regional than others unless talking about specific temperatures, so my areal definitions are sometimes different from most people's.

Archived