Gonzalo00
July 1-8, 2012 Heat & Storms

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foot's Forecast Re: Tonight's possible late storms -

TIMING/IMPACTS:

* The cluster of showers and storms in PA is moving southeast at 35 mph. We anticipate the leftover activity to redevelop as it reaches the Baltimore-DC metro areas around 3 AM - moving through by 5 AM at the latest. Storms may arrive with little advance notice.

* These storms are not severe at this time. However the large amount of shower activity in PA will encounter an area of MD which has seen dewpoints rising in the past few hours and a moist mid-level according to latest NWS observations.

* These and other factors may allow storms to redevelop, with some becoming strong, producing locally heavy rain and occasional lightning.

I don't understand this - they say there may be little warning and yet they are warning of the potential? Oh Foot's Forecast...

I don't understand this - they say there may be little warning and yet they are warning of the potential? Oh Foot's Forecast...

Silly wording on that. I think our area got stability from the earlier rain and storms and its gonna be 1-2 hours before sunrise.

Not seeing what their on about here, that convection is associated with small shortwave with accompanying vort lobe swinging around and is heading into an area where SBCAPE is being shut down because of the nightly inversion under clear skies.

AKA: A chance of showers with a possible rumble of thunder late, Low near 74.

Archived