joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 1-8, 2012 Heat & Storms

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 - 6 day apparently best estimate for my hood. From now.

I may ****in' lose what's left of my mind. I have been through this twice before - Nashville tornado in 1998 (April) and Memphis derecho (Hurricane Elvis) in July 2004...each time lost power 11 days. But...maybe its being older now, but I find myself quicker to the edge of losing it this time around.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

That power outage map from the other thread is depressing. I am one of those without. Still.

Observation from 8 am this morning? Its a ****load more humid and hot than it was 24 hours ago. At least, it feels that way. This sucks.

Yes, definitely warmer and more humid today than it was this time yesterday.

hope your power, and everyone else still without, comes back soon

Anyone know why LWX isn't issuing discussions since yesterday? Transmission issues?

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

351 AM EDT SUN JUL 1 2012

yes, its been said a few times now in the other thread that LWX has been having server issues.

had power am hour ago for 45 seconds before it went out again..

Oh, that's just torture. Feeling for you all w/o power! Our last multi-day was Isabel...not too hot but flood cleanup rounded out the horror factor.

Anyone know why LWX isn't issuing discussions since yesterday? Transmission issues?

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

351 AM EDT SUN JUL 1 2012

Been having trouble with LWX page since yesterday. I was puzzling over (and enjoying) the unfamiliar writing style in the AFD before realizing it was Mt. Holly.

Not to dictate everything but power outage talk etc should go in the other thread. No need to make a current thread ruled by that.

I also sorta like the idea of splitting storm and heat talk tho I'm not sure it matters

Too bad those storms in SW Virginia will end up going SW of Roanoke. No power still this morn and any relief from the heat would be great. Heard the weather discussion on NOAA radio this morn and they are saying a possibilty for some more storms here again. Very aggravating I can't look for myself!

We've really rebounded compared to yesterday. CAPE levels etc look to be heading toward high/extreme levels for around here. SPC bumped us into the slight: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

I'm not sure I'd focus on the complex near Chicago as the heights would want to lead it south if it followed a similar height path to the other day. Also looks like a little vort coming thru the Oh Valley.

Not sure we have a good trigger, but if something can fire in the high elevation or along some windshift it could go nuts.

We've really rebounded compared to yesterday. CAPE levels etc look to be heading toward high/extreme levels for around here. SPC bumped us into the slight: http://www.spc.noaa....k/day1otlk.html

I'm not sure I'd focus on the complex near Chicago as the heights would want to lead it south if it followed a similar height path to the other day. Also looks like a little vort coming thru the Oh Valley.

Not sure we have a good trigger, but if something can fire in the high elevation or along some windshift it could go nuts.

Ugh...you beat me on the south mention.

YOu are bullish :o

CAPE in the Carolinas is ridiculous. I'd worry down there about a Friday like event should stuff fire to the NW.

I think our problem here might be we can't get anything to fire but we'll see.

CAPE in the Carolinas is ridiculous. I'd worry down there about a Friday like event should stuff fire to the NW.

Yea, NW wind is the one negative.

Sort of surprised there's no heat advisory for today. 100-105 HI so far and with half the region without power, would think they'd err on issuing one.

I'd guess isolated stuff - but what does form will probably have no problem going severe.

Archived