e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Long Duration Noreaster - First week of June

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I agree, hot sunny days dried the top layer out. Kevin said water tables were low, no they are not. Would love to see the data he refers to. If you look at the CT reservoir levels I posted you can see how very long it takes for real drought to affect massive bodies of water, even in the driest months the water tables were way above normal. Using below normal precip as a drought indicator can be very misleading and that is my biggest issue with that drought monitor at UNL.edu. Palmer and reservoir levels show real groundwater conditions.

Morrisey Blvd flooding Monday?

If the euro is right, a lot more than Morrisey. Euro was pretty bad looking to be honest.

Whoosh.

Best summer ever 2

Thanks. You miss a day on the board......

Hanging in Portland til afternoon ... rain started half an hour ago. Pleasant stretch of June weather incoming. Def top 10.

Had a great dinner in the Old Port Wednesday night. What a neat area. We never got into Portland when I lived in Bath. Too far.

Might have the running break incoming. But, I thought that .20" ago, too.

.98".

67 degrees

Incredibly humid

Maybe we salvage the day? Heaviest rain was overnight and with the sheet drizzle earlier this morning, today was looking to be miserable until about 30 minutes ago. Skies starting to brighten off to the SW, cigs lifting a bit, though doubt we see any significant breaks in the low clouds. At least the drizzle has stopped and it's comfortably mild.

Maybe we salvage the day? Heaviest rain was overnight and with the sheet drizzle earlier this morning, today was looking to be miserable until about 30 minutes ago. Skies starting to brighten off to the SW, cigs lifting a bit, though doubt we see any significant breaks in the low clouds. At least the drizzle has stopped and it's comfortably mild.

we might break out of it--will be close--NYC is partly cloudy now....Greenwich probably has the best chance of any place in New England

Extremely long, long duration fetch, probably 3 tide cycles, should be at least moderate coastal flooding out your way. Get some pics, surf is already crazy this morning.

http://www.paddysbea...m/BeachCam.aspx

Yeah that would not be a nice scenario. Sometimes the euro op can go nuts wrapping up storms, but it may be more right then wrong.

No way to spin it, we're in for a long period of miserable weather. Today is only the beginning.

I wish it were January... then we wouldn't be calling for a "long period of miserable weather" we'd have 700 people on line at 2am impatiently waiting for the EURO...

36F with moderate sleet or some sort of balls of ice at sea level. Heavy snow falling up on the pass at 2,500ft. Beautiful early June weather.

Looks like you guys back home aren't too far from this type of weather.

Extremely long, long duration fetch, probably 3 tide cycles, should be at least moderate coastal flooding out your way. Get some pics, surf is already crazy this morning.

http://www.paddysbea...m/BeachCam.aspx

Based on the winds that had kicked in up this way yesterday, I was wondering how the surf conditions might shape up. Looks pretty good.

Up to 1.01" and 49.7/49. Raw day.

?

How is it miserable?

0.7" so far... def. lighter rain than earlier. Winds are nice as well.

51.4F

It's not. I love this weather actually. I know LL wants it to be 95 and humid so for HIM it's miserable.

I wish it were January... then we wouldn't be calling for a "long period of miserable weather" we'd have 700 people on line at 2am impatiently waiting for the EURO...

Don't speak to me........ J/K

36F with moderate sleet or some sort of balls of ice at sea level. Heavy snow falling up on the pass at 2,500ft. Beautiful early June weather.

Looks like you guys back home aren't too far from this type of weather.

Nice. Hope you're having fun Scott, only 10-12 degrees warmer here.

Based on the winds that had kicked in up this way yesterday, I was wondering how the surf conditions might shape up. Looks pretty good.

Up to 1.01" and 49.7/49. Raw day.

Perfect trout fishing weather,

The 6Z GFS doesn't actually show much qpf here through day 5. It's mainly east from here on out.

It has a possible Nor'easter later next week though.

It's going to be an awful stretch for the heat lover's.

Archived