gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Long Duration Noreaster - First week of June

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't the steady rains restricted to eastern/northeastern areas? I think for most, the expectation has been been for numerous showers. That would seem to be on track.

It's moved a little quicker than forecasted but really not that much. Rain is already backbuilding over CT.

If the euro is right, it's the strongest coastal since 10/29/11. GFS isn't as strong or close like the euro is on Monday night, but still 25-30kt winds. Euro would have widespread coastal flooding and at least moderate too. All models soak ME and NH as well as NE MA, then pivots SW through Wednesday.

Looks like part 1 will be out of here in an hour or so. Hoping to get a few hours rain free here later this AM and this afternoon. Radar looks clean off to the SW. Fingers crossed. I wonder if LL has already spread out the beach blanket and slathered on the sunscreen. BSE2 just keeps delivering gorgeous day after cloudy, cool, rain filled gorgeous day!!! :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Looks like part 1 will be out of here in an hour or so. Hoping to get a few hours rain free here later this AM and this afternoon. Radar looks clean off to the SW. Fingers crossed. I wonder if LL has already spread out the beach blanket and slathered on the sunscreen. BSE2 just keeps delivering gorgeous day after cloudy, cool, rain filled gorgeous day!!! :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Yeah--just light rain here at the moment after getting .80 in the bucket. Looks like I might get out for a run--not sure if that's ftw or ftl.

49.0/48. Not so sure on the forecasted mid-60's.

Some much needed rain here, my lawn is welcoming this!

Are you being sarcastic or have you been dry down there? I'm so glad I got my lawn mowed yesterday/last night before the rain. It had grown so fast and tall in the past week with all the rain we've had.

Yeah--just light rain here at the moment after getting .80 in the bucket. Looks like I might get out for a run--not sure if that's ftw or ftl.

Are you being sarcastic or have you been dry down there? I'm so glad I got my lawn mowed yesterday/last night before the rain. It had grown so fast and tall in the past week with all the rain we've had.

My lawn has some moss fungal patches, very far from dry and has been growing insanely fast, he does not live far from me, not sure what the heck he is talking about. Anyways .79 in the bucket so far

Yes CT has been very dry again after the early May rains. The soil had totally dried out again and the water table was /is low. This little bit of rain overnight certainly helped, but we are still about 5 inches below normal

My lawn has some moss fungal patches, very far from dry and has been growing insanely fast, he does not live far from me, not sure what the heck he is talking about. Anyways .79 in the bucket so far

Yes CT has been very dry again after the early May rains. The soil had totally dried out again and the water table was /is low. This little bit of rain overnight certainly helped, but we are still about 5 inches below normal

Hmmmm, I trust Ginxxx's obs. CT has been very dry. lol C'mon Blizz.

I don't care who you trust. It had gotten very dry again. We missed out on much of the rain that other areas got.Look at the drought monitor as of May 29th.

I just looked at Tolland's May 2012 Almanac. You received measurable precip on nearly 50% of the days in May. Just an epic drought. Lots of 40's in the forecast here and some days not out of the 50's after you decreed no more 50* days until October. You need to re-calibrate.

5" below normal is for the year. Basically Jan-March were way below then average to slightly above since. Not dry

Well it's not surprising CT didn't receive much precip in the Jan-Mar period. They don't get much snow in Winter. Since then it's been a different story. It's pouring here right now.

:whistle:

I wonder how far west that rain shield gets on Monday. Still seems like alot of question marks..does it make to ORH/BDL or does it stay east and north.?

There may be an inv trough that enhances some rain over wrn areas...aided by a little daytime heating. Airmass aloft is very cold. I think if the comma head does pivot southwest, you'll get some. Otherwise it's mostly areas to your NE.

It has dried out in many areas. BOS has been dry too. Even after the rains over the next few days..we will still be below normal.

Well, yeah, for the year...but we were also well above normal at the end of last year. It doesn't really matter as long as the ponds, reservoirs are full, which they basically are.

We are not Kansas

It has dried out in many areas. BOS has been dry too. Even after the rains over the next few days..we will still be below normal.

Well, the deficit that you're trying to overcome is largely from the lack of snow this Winter, no? I can't imagine that the soil there is bone dry. Reservoirs here are full, the rivers are flowing nicely and the flora here is well watered and as lush and green as it gets.

Well, the deficit that you're trying to overcome is largely from the lack of snow this Winter, no? I can't imagine that the soil there is bone dry. Reservoirs here are full, the rivers are flowing nicely and the flora here is well watered and as lush and green as it gets.

And your hair is as long,silky,feminine and ponyo'd as it gets

Archived