amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Long Duration Noreaster - First week of June

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As bad as it will be in Ct I am so glad I am not farther 'NE for this. That wx some of you will have for 2 days is slit your wrist wx. 60's and clouds are bad enough. 40s and rain is death in any month but especially summertime. This time next week it will all be an ugly memory.

KTOL will stay in the 50s on monday

Local TV forecast for HFD..If they were even 5 degrees too warm..I'd sign right now

Saturday:
Cloudy with rain and possible thunder in the morning, rain tapering off to showers during the afternoon. High: 72 inland, 74 shore.

Sunday
: Partly sunny with a few showers developing during the afternoon. Low: 56. High: 75 inland, 76 shore.

Monday
: Mostly cloudy and much cooler, showers likely. Low: 52. High: 67 inland, 69 shore.

Tuesday:
Partly to mostly cloudy and cool, a chance for an afternoon shower. Low: 50. High: 70 inland, 70 shore.

Wednesday:
Partly to mostly cloudy, a chance for a shower. Low: 49. High: 70 inland, 71 shore.

Thursday:
Partly to mostly cloudy, a chance for a shower. Low: 49. High: 72 inland, 72 shore.

Friday:
Partly to mostly cloudy, a chance for a shower or two. Low: 50. High: 72 inland, 71 shore.

Yeah, I know Scott ...kinda spooked.

We'll have to watch for any SW tick in that QPF field. Then there is the sheet rains which will overspread us Monday and into Tuesday. Those can be like 0.1 or 0.15" per hour stuff too that lasts for a long time, if the setup is there.

Huh, NCEP doesn't seem too thrilled about loading up rain from Monday -Wednesday like that. They are on fence that it might just go more at instability with cool pool aloft.

I suppose it's possible given to inherently weak overall baroclinicity at this time of year, that what actually transpires is more amorphous than the models have...

Either way, suspect Sat/Sun are slam dunks at this point. Trough comes up negatively tilted and on-going convection in the MA likely to foisted up this way along with a weak frontal wave passing over or just S. Given to negative tilt and transportation of -LI region (0 to -3) spanning the event might mean one of those deals where you get a orange lightning.

Archived