• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 12th/13th and 15-16th Severe Weather Thread

andyhb

How many threads are there going to be? There is already 2 1/2. One in C/W, one in Wx, and GLOV counts as half, since this system will be affecting us.

I am all for separating the content, but there comes a point where you lose the discussion because no one knows where to post.

I just figured this thread was more for the system as a whole covering multiple days, not just Saturday.

But I'm sure you know that once there's tornado producing storms, a single thread is going to be bombarded with all of the real-time info. So I figured a separate thread just for Saturday may do us well instead of one cluttered thread that covers multiple days.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many threads are there going to be? There is already 2 1/2. One in C/W, one in Wx, and GLOV counts as half, since this system will be affecting us.

I am all for separating the content, but there comes a point where you lose the discussion because no one knows where to post.

We're best off with just one thread for the day of the event I believe. Any thread with radar/obs is going to be directly related to the mesoscale aspects of the forecast, so separating those makes little sense to me.

This thread could remain for discussion of the Sunday threat.

We're best off with just one thread for the day of the event I believe. Any thread with radar/obs is going to be directly related to the mesoscale aspects of the forecast, so separating those makes little sense to me.

This thread could remain for discussion of the Sunday threat.

We already have a Sunday thread in the Lakes subforum. I say keep everything Saturday here and everything Sunday there.

We already have a Sunday thread in the Lakes subforum. I say keep everything Saturday here and everything Sunday there.

That makes no sense. The threat will likely to extend in Sunday and even Monday in some form or fashion within this sub forum. I think we are all smart enough to know where we want to post and which region has the potential. This all could have been settled yesterday, but I digress...

Saturday might feature two waves; morning s/w and evening s/w. Such an outcome is actually more severe. Little subsidence behind first allows sun to heat during the delay Snowgoose notes. Remaining outflow boundaries OFB would intensify round 2. Like the High Risk Friday going into weekend so decision makers are aware.

The extremely late initiation with such a dynamic setup at 500mb to the west and the fact its only mid-April surprises me a bit...even with the surface low being way up in NE I'm not so sure we won't see development closer to 4 or 5pm in KS/OK on Saturday even though the models currently say no.

Regarding today, Friday, like the SPC hatched. OFB draped back through central OK from MO convection. Next wave coming out should initiate later.

Maybe we should have a separate thread to discuss how many separate threads to have for the actual event.

LOL! This is the board equivalent of chaser convergence for a major event. I say we post whatever we want (radar, observations, model discussions, etc.) in the geographical sub forum where the event/discussion pertains and is relevant if we are not going to have one mega thread on the main page for the event.

kiss your ass goodbye risk coming? :P

Reports saying SPC is considering an upgrade past high risk for tomorrow... Could be first time that it has happened..

https://twitter.com/...829237496856576

His Twitter says he works at KFOR. Maybe he heard something from one of the mets in contact with the spc, and then misinterpreted the whole thing.

Why does he seem credible? We'll see, though I highly doubt that's valid or correct. Hopefully I don't have to eat some crow. I tweeted back at him asking what exactly he meant.

Not sure. I figured maybe since he's at the Univ. of Oklahoma and from KFOR maybe he's hearing stuff we haven't yet. I can't see them going beyond a high risk, though. Just doesn't seem accurate.

High risk is already rare enough that I can't see the value in creating a new categorical risk. I'm also not sure where he is getting that information from, unless it is in NWSChat. It certainly isn't in the 12Planet interoffice chats.

Nothing in NWSChat either. My guess he has no clue what he is talking about...I can't see SPC making up a new risk area on the spot...as you say High Risk that's very strongly worded is good enough.

His Twitter says he works at KFOR. Maybe he heard something from one of the mets in contact with the spc, and then misinterpreted the whole thing.

it's possible. the svr people on twitter are in meltdown mode.

Archived