mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Damaging freeze thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't stand LED xmas lights...I have several strings of C9 incandescent lights that are for the outside bushes. They look about 100x better than the putrid LED lights...the LEDs almost make your eyes hurt when you look at them with that blue tint.

Agree. They should be left for fancy night club lighting as they look horrible as Christmas decorations.

Agree. They should be left for fancy night club lighting as they look horrible as Christmas decorations.

Funny you mentioned that as I was definitely thinking that they remind me of being in a trendy night club but I didn't type it. Just horrible for xmas decorations IMHO...agreed on that one. I'm sure they will improve them eventually, but how much the damn strings cost (and yes I know they save on electric bill, but it takes a while for it to pay off) and how much worse they look, its not worth it to me.

Funny you mentioned that as I was definitely thinking that they remind me of being in a trendy night club but I didn't type it. Just horrible for xmas decorations IMHO...agreed on that one. I'm sure they will improve them eventually, but how much the damn strings cost (and yes I know they save on electric bill, but it takes a while for it to pay off) and how much worse they look, its not worth it to me.

I've seen them designed into walls and bars in clever ways, behind translucent glass, etc.

The cost is just not worth the look that it gives when decorating at your house. For the booty pumping, glow stick crowd, the look is just right, especially the one's that give your white t-shirt the black light look. lol.

26.6° F here and dropping slowly. It's real windy, so I'm not sure how low I'll go tonight. NWS P&C has me at 13° F, but I don't think I'll go much below 18 or 19° F. No sense in trying to save any of the early plants because nothing will survive these types of temperatures, no not even with X-Mas lights, tarps, water, whatever.

oh ye of little faith...

the wind is my worst enemy tonight...i never went out and checked, but we were getting really strong gusts and i'm almost certain that 4 stakes were not enough to hold the tarp down...i will be pleasantly surprised if the tarp is still in the state of MA in the morning, let alone still covering my blueberry bush...

21.9 here for the low. Hopefully the crops survived

I'm beginning to be very concerned about a large asteroid hitting SNE. Could you start a thread dedicated to this eventuality and the carnage to follow immediately after impact? This is serious business and since you are the Master of Disaster I thought it should be left to a pro.TIA

Mine shriveled up all winter when the temp got cold. I think it's normal. Do you mean the green leaves that stay on all winter?

Maybe it is. Idk. They looked like they were ready to pop flowers a few days ago. I have a leafed out crab apple tree too that didn't look healthy.

18/2, still a very busy wind out there. It's going to feel great to work in below freezing air all day. If I never saw temps above 32 again that would be just fine. I can't imagine living somewhere that stayed warm all the time, How do they stand it down in the MA?

Most staple food crops would not do too well in those circumstances. Just sayin'.

Too soon to know for sure, but it appears only the leaves on the crabapple are toast.

I don't care if it flowers, I just didn't want to lose the new growth tips and then have to wait until mid June for it to push a second set out. Crabapples are new to me so I'm not really sure how quickly they recover from loss of the current years growth points.

Archived