12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Damaging freeze thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thread for the upcoming cold shot Monday night through Wed morning....pretty contrasting cold shot fr what we have seen. This won't be epic or anything for late March, but its looking more and more likely we see a hard freeze on Monday night and probaly Tues night as well.

MEX guidance still 4 days out has 21F at ORH for Tues morning and even 29F for BOS right on the water. Euro 2m temps bring 32F line down to LI sound and over to the CC Canal.

Blizz, here ya go

Might do some damage to some plants that have prematurely flowered/budded that do not normally do that this early.

850 temps bottom out around -14C in SNE which is darn cold this time of the year. So if that holds up, then we'll see 20s just about everywhere with potential for upper teens in the usual GC/Monadnock high spots. Lack of snow cover up north though could modify it by a couple degrees.

Hopefully we get several of these freezes in-between torches. Nothing better to see the stinging insects get f***** by stretches of unusually cold weather.

Once the failed severe threats taper off in early July, the summertime smoke plume threads from rampaging S Quebec fires should be equally as exciting.

Well my wife just ran around outside and covered plants. Japanese maples may get damaged as the leaves are just about to come out. Azalea blooms probably toasted.

Lol, you lowlanders are screwed. I can't believe the flowering Peach tree photo Ryan posted that's insane. Have they even blossomed in Georgia yet?

There are blankets every outside...lol. I expect about 10 homeless dudes surrounding my condo by morning.

That's an awful comment. The PC police will be coming for you in the night.

Magnolias, Azaleas, Hydrangeas, Fruit trees, lilacs,,are all totally destroyed tonight

Not here, fortunately our flora knows better than to emerge in March. Silly CT/CP plants, March is a Winter month.

Archived