Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Damaging freeze thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maxed out at 47.3...

well, so much for saving my blueberry bush...should have saved my supplies for tonight, because i think tonight is the night where the most damage will occurr...my tarp succumbed to the wind this morning...i figure if i'm going to go out and have to spend more money...i might as well just wait till summer and spend that money on blueberries from my local Stop and Shop...

maxed out at 47.3...

well, so much for saving my blueberry bush...should have saved my supplies for tonight, because i think tonight is the night where the most damage will occurr...my tarp succumbed to the wind this morning...i figure if i'm going to go out and have to spend more money...i might as well just wait till summer and spend that money on blueberries from my local Stop and Shop...

Or you could go pick your own for 1/2 the price and freeze them for use all year. It's fun and you can pick the best tasting berries at the height of freshness. MMMmmmmm!

The azaleas took a devastating blow last nite. Most of the flowers and flowers that were almost open are all brown and nasty looking. Just a devastating blow to the flora community

Thats amazing you have azaleas in bloom, a full 40-60 days ahead of schedule,have not seen a single one down here even close. Only thing besides fruit and magnolia that are blooming are eary bloom dwarf rhodies.

Not a lick of damage down this way after a morning low of 27, clouds save us tonight, forecast low of 35.

Thats amazing you have azaleas in bloom, a full 40-60 days ahead of schedule,have not seen a single one down here even close. Only thing besides fruit and magnolia that are blooming are eary bloom dwarf rhodies.

Not a lick of damage down this way after a morning low of 27, clouds save us tonight, forecast low of 35.

Yup ..some of them have all the purple flowers out..and some of them half flowered..half about to flower. They def. took a hit. has anyone else that has the azalea's out noticed the damage?

We got down to 21.9..and it was under 32 for a good 15-16 hours

Yup ..some of them have all the purple flowers out..and some of them half flowered..half about to flower. They def. took a hit. has anyone else that has the azalea's out noticed the damage?

We got down to 21.9..and it was under 32 for a good 15-16 hours

Kev, are all the shrubs purple? Kind of like a lavendar color? If so I am pretty sure they are not azaleas, if you get a chance tomorrow take a pic of the leaf, but I think I know what they are. Azaleas will be blooming later next month, hot pink, pink red and white.

Kev, are all the shrubs purple? Kind of like a lavendar color? If so I am pretty sure they are not azaleas, if you get a chance tomorrow take a pic of the leaf, but I think I know what they are. Azaleas will be blooming later next month, hot pink, pink red and white.

You know what..I think i am confusing them. I have a bunch of azalea's that you described , but those are not blooming...These are the pink/lavender colored shrubs..my bad..I thought those were azalea's too

yeah one Azalea in full bloom lost them all but they've been out since the 23rd so no biggie. One PJM Rhododendron was half bloomed and those are toast. All other Azalea/Rhodo's haven't bloomed yet.

Some high clouds are working in which is slowing the temp drop across a lot of SNE...the exception is SE MA and the Cape/Island where its still dropping like a rock. MVY down to 27F and most of the coldest temps in SNE are on the Cape in the 26-29F range, lol.

Hopefully Phil covered his banana trees.

Archived