12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Lord on the Euro..lol..High parked right overhead days 8-10...Just a huge signal for torch this time of year... I'd get 80 on the board for next Sunday on the 7 day

Ahhh it was just a couple weeks ago you were blasting Ryan for his temps being too high on the air... "we won't get out of the 30s, why do you have 46F for a high on x-day." Now you'll start getting on him for not putting a blow torch icon above each day. The Blizz transformation has happened.

That was a random fluke event. I am 99% sure I win. Honestly...I find it funny Will won';t up the ante on the bet though..don;t you?

Haha, I think what everyone has been trying to tell you is that there is usually the good potential for at least one or two random fluke events in a warm pattern during March and early April. You don't need to have an "epic" pattern as that could fail just as easily. Its spring time, you get one well timed storm and end up with another "random fluke event." We've already had one. It happens.

How is it not my region? I'm not in the NYC Metro area, and I'm not in upstate NY. (I'm south of Albany...)

NY is not New England.

I'd consider ALB as part of upstate NY, but I suppose POU could go either upstate or NYC. You're welcome to post here too (Logan does), but I just don't think we need hourly updates of KPOU obs here.

I grew up in Saugerties and I know we always considered ourselves Upstate NY. I know a lot of NYC people have been invading north though so maybe they don't like to think of themselves as Upstate now.

There is a Hudson Valley thread on the Upstate sub-forum, but I know it is isn't too active..it's ok during storms.

Well you're only like 20 miles from Litchfield County, CT probably, but you annoyed them with the constant obs stuff on a sunny day. LOL

I think your obs would be pretty useful to the people 25 minutes away in CT during a storm though.

How is it not my region? I'm not in the NYC Metro area, and I'm not in upstate NY. (I'm south of Albany...)

Debbie downer :( Its beautiful outside!! :)

Actually, there still 2" of depth up here at 1100ft with some bare spots...Very patchy down at 750ft.

Got to 52F today with gorgeous sunshine..bring on the 60s!

There was a good snowpack in the more evergreen areas up on my drive from the Lakes Region through Squam Lake and into Plymouth. Probably 10+" in the most protected area. Quite variable.

There was a good snowpack in the more evergreen areas up on my drive from the Lakes Region through Squam Lake and into Plymouth. Probably 10+" in the most protected area. Quite variable.

Yeah in protected wooded areas we still have maybe 6". Should all be eliminated by Friday with 55-65F everyday except Wednesday.

Yeah you could still have 10" on one side of your house, and grass on the other right now. Its pointless to try and get a number to represent all areas right now. Its funny because there isn't a ton of like 1-3" cover... its either bare ground or like 6"+.

Yeah, I did some hiking around Welsh and Dickey mountains on Saturday. Elevation isn't impressive or anything but the views are amazing. We went off trail a lot and in some shaded areas we were postholing through 20-30" of snow!

Shoulda told me you were up here today!

Yeah you could still have 10" on one side of your house, and grass on the other right now. Its pointless to try and get a number to represent all areas right now. Its funny because there isn't a ton of like 1-3" cover... its either bare ground or like 6"+.

Yeah it's crazy. Like, on 91, there's literally no cover near the highway...if you looks deeper into the woods, you can see deeper pack with classic tree snowholes still visible (probably 4-8"?)

Kind of sad this time of year, but even the most die hard snow and winter lovers HAVE to love stepping outside and hitting a wall of 60F and sunshine.

Archived