• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

Yeah, I did some hiking around Welsh and Dickey mountains on Saturday. Elevation isn't impressive or anything but the views are amazing. We went off trail a lot and in some shaded areas we were postholing through 20-30" of snow!

Shoulda told me you were up here today!

LOL, I thought of you as we went into town. I went with my folks to a store on Rt 25 to buy some furniture for their place. I didn't really spend too much time in town. I used to go camping/canoeing up the road in Rumney on the Baker River.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a good snowpack in the more evergreen areas up on my drive from the Lakes Region through Squam Lake and into Plymouth. Probably 10+" in the most protected area. Quite variable.

I wouldn't call it snow pack, but in the more evergreen areas of Stafford and Union there are still patches of snow and couple ponds still had ice on them. I should be able to pick up a couple more days of sap runs in those areas before the trees stop running with this warm weather coming up.

I wouldn't call it snow pack, but in the more evergreen areas of Stafford and Union there are still patches of snow and couple ponds still had ice on them. I should be able to pick up a couple more days of sap runs in those areas before the trees stop running with this warm weather coming up.

Even over here, I saw a weenie snow patch in Wilmington. How appropriate.

It's a different world once you get to Dendrite's latitude.

Eh...it may not mean 80s, but with no snow cover and a near equinox sun we should be able to get well into the 70s on a few days.

Yeah that shouldn't be much of a problem...but just trying to keep things in perspective. Kevin is like a stubborn forest fire. Have to put water on it every now and then, or else it begins to get out of control.

Yeah that shouldn't be much of a problem...but just trying to keep things in perspective. Kevin is like a stubborn forest fire. Have to put water on it every now and then, or else it begins to get out of control.

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to his blathering on about death by fire for the next 7 months. BTW, thanks for thinking of me and my glen. lol

Yeah...my bad for forgetting who we're dealing with. Everything really has to go right to get 80F this time of year. There's a reason why there are so few 80s even at BDL for the month of March...especially if you subtract out the end of 3/1998.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone in the CT river valley touch 80 one of those days but more likely 70-75. At the coast as usual it'll depend on the wind trajectory. One thing I'm wondering down the line with the water being several degrees warmer than average is if it will limit some of the backdoor influence a little.

And so it begins this morning after a cold start. It'll be interesting to see how much MOS is off by. 6z MAV/0z MET highs for today...

BTV 50/49 55

CON 56/51 58

PWM 47/48 52

BDL 58/54 60

BOS 55/52 58

PVD 57/52 54

ORH 54/50 54

BDR 53/52 54

Actual highs in bold above....

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone in the CT river valley touch 80 one of those days but more likely 70-75. At the coast as usual it'll depend on the wind trajectory. One thing I'm wondering down the line with the water being several degrees warmer than average is if it will limit some of the backdoor influence a little.

Honestly, the water is still so cold, that any flow off the water will have a profound effect within like 10 miles of it atleast.

I'm originally from coastal CT, and the water is usually around 40F this time of year and this year its like 45F...that does absolutely nothing in the bigger picture. If we get a warm airmass with wind off the water, it'll be 75F at BDL and 65F here instead of 60F like a normal year lol

I cannot stress this enough..DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE this torch. This thing is a beast. Go over any numbers that are out there

Kevin, get it through your bald skull... no one takes your forecasts seriously!!!!! Hahaha

Why do you even try to make meteorological statements? WOTY!!!!!

Archived