• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

You said snow was done...you should feel good about no more measurable...what about a half inch? an inch? Two inches is hedging quite a bit so you can claim victory even if there is a 1-3" event but the airport doesn't record >2". In the spirit of your affirmations, you should not feel good about claiming victory if we get a 1-2" paste event.

Balls in or balls out? Your choice

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has happened before... I remember back in April of 1985 there was a big OV ridge with early season heat ... only that year, the Maritime trough locked the mid level flow NW to SE, and this kept shunting the week to 10 day warmth over the northern MV/GL and OV to the south of us. We never really got in... Anyway, this idea of a early season obnoxious early warm domes has some precedent historically. What makes this so unusual this time is that it is not as though we had a winter preceding, and even though there are subtle indications that it could turn cold one last hurrah's worth come the end of the month, that isn't exactly a shockingly huge signal either.

It's just warm warm warm and more warm ... and this time, there may not be much of a Maritime trough to knock it back given that the over-top heights reflect the +NAO phase state. We'll see.

Balls in or balls out? Your choice

Mr. Hedge...wanting to claim victory both ways...I'll stick to just our original bet I made a week ago...we are a week closer and you dodged Friday night's threat and you still won't go under 2 inches for double or nothing...says all I need to know about how you really feel about the snow...you think more snow probably is coming.

No, even I would probably take a nice dry sunny 70 over 45 and drizzle. I'm here for snow threats..not cold rain.

I really start to root for back doors in like later May and June when it starts to save us from heat and humidity. I take 60's and BKN with scattered pop up convective showers =(i.e. "old" England type summer wx) any day over 85-90 and muggy.

That's when I start to get into debates with the summer lovers like Jerry, etc. who actually enjoy some of that heat junk.

uponvec

I definitely enjoy the heat. Old people do well in heat provided they are younger than 80. But tbh. I've loved it my entire life. It brings me back to putting my bathing suit on at age 4 and running into the backyard wading pool. Of course, I run ac while sleeping all summer evry night and in the living room during very hot periods. And I feel bad for my beloved dog who hates the heat.

Can't believe the difference between the GFS and the Euro for St. Pattys day...I hope the Euro is right since I'll be spending most of the day in Boston and the GFS would be a disgusting onshore flow with low clouds/drizzle and temps in the 40s probably while the Euro is like 70F, lol. Thankfully the Euro is a much better model in this time range.

Mr. Hedge...wanting to claim victory both ways...I'll stick to just our original bet I made a week ago...we are a week closer and you dodged Friday night's threat and you still won't go under 2 inches for double or nothing...says all I need to know about how you really feel about the snow...you think more snow probably is coming.

This tells me all I need to know lol you know we are done and are scared to pony up. I was willing to up to a full case but knew you would Sally out

This tells me all I need to know lol you know we are done and are scared to pony up. I was willing to up to a full case but knew you would Sally out

Oh I think we'll get measurable again...meaning snow falling form the sky and accumulating...but I want to be able to claim victory if its a 1.3" or something like that....it cheapens your stance big time if you are a week closer to the end and you still want to claim victory for a 1-2" snow event when you said we are done snowing....so...you in or are you out?

Is it going to snow again enough for measurable or not?

Oh I think we'll get measurable again...meaning snow falling form the sky and accumulating...but I want to be able to claim victory if its a 1.3" or something like that....it cheapens your stance big time if you are a week closer to the end and you still want to claim victory for a 1-2" snow event when you said we are done snowing....so...you in or are you out?

Is it going to snow again enough for measurable or not?

This is a good prop bet. But ORH_Wxman would be about a -180 fav. in Vegas on it. If the site was CEF or BAF I'd say the bet is even money. OTOH a better prop would be how much snow will SKImrg report remaining on the ground in W. Chesterfield as of 0z on 3-24 ?

This is a good prop bet. But ORH_Wxman would be about a -180 fav. in Vegas on it. If the site was CEF or BAF I'd say the bet is even money. OTOH a better prop would be how much snow will SKImrg report remaining on the ground in W. Chesterfield as of 0z on 3-24 ?

yup ...don't know why it would make any sense for kev to budge

and not sure why will would go double or nuthin on the heels of wiffin either ...esp with long range guidance for march (where plowable events climo wise are exponenitally more likely than in april)

yup ...don't know why it would make any sense for kev to budge

It wouldn't...but he keeps saying no snow and then wants to claim victory if we get 1-2"....so either make the bet for no snow, or don't. But do not ask for double or nothing a week later than the original bet while still saying no snow and want to be able to win if we actually do get a snow event.

I don't get to BOS a lot so a small sample here... But my most interesting backdoor experience there ever was in very late May 2004. We had been in the low/mid 80's and miserably muggy for days on end here. Drove over to BOS and they were back doored and in the mid/upper 40's. Then a line of T storms (cold front from the west I guess) came across (having formed out here in the HHH wx) and it actually drove the cold air out of BOS and they jumped way up at least to the 60's. Weakening T storms and 40's initially though.

Can't believe the difference between the GFS and the Euro for St. Pattys day...I hope the Euro is right since I'll be spending most of the day in Boston and the GFS would be a disgusting onshore flow with low clouds/drizzle and temps in the 40s probably while the Euro is like 70F, lol. Thankfully the Euro is a much better model in this time range.

I don't get to BOS a lot so a small sample here... But my most interesting backdoor experience there ever was in very late May 2004. We had been in the low/mid 80's and miserably muggy for days on end here. Drove over to BOS and they were back doored and in the mid/upper 40's. Then a line of T storms (cold front from the west I guess) came across (having formed out here in the HHH wx) and it actually drove the cold air out of BOS and they jumped way up at least to the 60's. Weakening T storms and 40's initially though.

Its pretty common for that in BOS...right up through mid June even. Some years are obviously worse than others, but every year there are a number of days where even here it will hit 65F and they will be like 51F...a lot of times we're included in their BDF misery in ORH, but if the front is really shallow a lot of times we can have a nice day while it sticksrioght along the coast. More frequent in early/mid June than April/May though.

Archived