joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of a full day project..the spring lawn cleanup today took me less than 2 hours. Lots of small limbs etc..and a couple huge ones that were danglers from the snowbomb crashed down in the winds the last 2 days..But the yard is ready to go..Mulch the beds and drop the Lesco are the only things left.

Hopefully the last day we have to wear jeans until September

Maybe but we never had anything close to that date. There is a reason for that just remember. I think people are going a little nuts with this warmth. It's insane warmth but it will not last forever.

By the time it ebbs it is budding/blooming season around here anyway. For NYC proper the chances of a sub-freezing night decrease markedly by the day now. This morning quite possibly could be the last time the city itself drops below 32 until Nov/Dec. For 2010 and 2011, our last sub freezing night occurred in late March.

I guess the high temperature here today was just about 32. The mesowest station 3 miles north and 300 feet higher was 31 so I'd say add a degree. I guess we won't see another day at or below 32 until November or early December..depressing thought.

Nothing melted on the shaded deck, but in the sun the half inch was quickly obliterated.

I walked into the deep pine woods on the next guys farm and found around 3 or 4 inches of old snow. So if I lived in a wooded glen I guess I'd still have snow cover.

Wasn't that on the first day of Spring? I don't mean the March 92 spring storm.

Ground is still mostly frozen here, but that will thaw fast this week. Then it's gonna be a mud disaster because all that wetness from last Summer and Fall never really went anyway..its still saturated in the frozen clay soil.

Instead of a full day project..the spring lawn cleanup today took me less than 2 hours. Lots of small limbs etc..and a couple huge ones that were danglers from the snowbomb crashed down in the winds the last 2 days..But the yard is ready to go..Mulch the beds and drop the Lesco are the only things left.

Hopefully the last day we have to wear jeans until September

When you think about it, the wx has been giving us the finger for just about a year now. Last Winter died in February for some and early March for others. Then a rainy Spring, Summer, early Fall...then a mild boring winter.

The only great event was that October snow bomb for those that got it...but many missed that near the coast and those too far north/west.

This whole thread is depressing.

When you think about it, the wx has been giving us the finger for just about a year now. Last Winter died in February for some and early March for others. Then a rainy Spring, Summer, early Fall...then a mild boring winter.

The only great event was that October snow bomb for those that got it...but many missed that near the coast and those too far north/west.

Yeah, the tropical storm and 40mi long track EF3+ tornado were pretty boring.

Yeah you got me on the tornado - didn't affect me at all so forgot. And hey a one day thrill, but huge I'm sure for those that were near it.

But the TS didn't do much to excite me. It was largely shot by the time it got up to our latitude after being hyped as a possible hurricane landfall, and just created a huge amount of flooding misery.

Yeah, the tropical storm and 40mi long track EF3+ tornado were pretty boring.

I should actually root for 60's for the next three weeks to dry out the soil and move on.... To me once it hits 50 and snow chances are gone ....might as well go all thew way and be pleasant and warm. I said warm..not hot. I hate heat.

Thank you

We get it bad enough for May-August...even into September. We don't need to add March and April

Ah well, c'est la vie... we will get another decent winter before one of these dead ratter sreturns

Archived