• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

April '87 was like that...it had a sharp cutoff in NE CT...he probably had like 4-5" and lots of rain while 17" fell here.

FWIW, If you're talking about 4/28/87, I recorded 4" in North Somers, CT at around 300'. I was at Lyndon at the time so I don't recall what happened here that day but I had someone reliable keeping my daily readings. I seem to recall that there was an elevation component to that storm and that higher elevations had closer to 8".

What was neat about that was that it was followed by 10/4/1987 making it the shortest number of days between snowfalls for me and I would think many here in SNE. I think 2002 was similar though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a small accumulation from that in the Mid Hudson Valley.

I just recall I was taking a polysci class down at New Paltz State and there was snow that morning. They haven't got much elevation. The trees were all in full bud out with some beginning leaves.

FWIW, If you're talking about 4/28/87, I recorded 4" in North Somers, CT at around 300'. I was at Lyndon at the time so I don't recall what happened here that day but I had someone reliable keeping my daily readings. I seem to recall that there was an elevation component to that storm and that higher elevations had closer to 8".

What was neat about that was that it was followed by 10/4/1987 making it the shortest number of days between snowfalls for me and I would think many here in SNE. I think 2002 was similar though.

55/22 imby

3pm

ORH 52

BOS 57

BDL 56

PVD 53

ASH 56

and one member of the 60F club

BAF 60

in honor of Joe :)

the SE ridge is flexin it's muscles long range ....i mean just totally in charge ...biatch slappin the temp anomalies around and torch-uring ski resorts.

frisbees flying and phil laying out in his thong at ptown

I hope Joe comes back ..not the same without him. I never minded his spring posts,..harmless enough.

in honor of Joe :)

the SE ridge is flexin it's muscles long range ....i mean just totally in charge ...biatch slappin the temp anomalies around and torch-uring ski resorts.

frisbees flying and phil laying out in his thong at ptown

Dear Lord on the Euro..lol..High parked right overhead days 8-10...Just a huge signal for torch this time of year... I'd get 80 on the board for next Sunday on the 7 day

Actually this time of year having the high parked overhead isn't the best for torching. Subsidence inversion limits mixing, weak pgrad means no downsloping and keeps sea breezes strong.

I dunno.I see it as one of those deals where everything is so dry and torched with no vegetation that the days soar to near 80 and the nights can drop down to 40..one of those 40 degree temp swing kind of deals

I have BDL doing that tomorrow.

30/70 for Monday - not a bad diurnal.

You know Dutchess County Airport is like the Death Valley of the Hudson Valley. :) Not saying it isn't correct today..just saying it is notorious for the ridiculous diurnal spreads in the Spring. It can be the coldest obs from NYC to ALB after a clear calm night and then end up being the warmest high in the afternoon.

3:53: 61F

The projected high before was 60F.

Archived