Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wed will be all about wind direction for bos/cape/n&s shores. NAM wants to keep the ll flow NE on wed behind that weak low, so it feeds in some relatively cool air. but if the flow ends up NW instead, it's probably a nice mild day with some good mixing / offshore flow. 60 vs 45F is a reality there.

GFS looks onshore too.

wed will be all about wind direction for bos/cape/n&s shores. NAM wants to keep the ll flow NE on wed behind that weak low, so it feeds in some relatively cool air. but if the flow ends up NW instead, it's probably a nice mild day with some good mixing / offshore flow. 60 vs 45F is a reality there.

Wed could have an early high for eastern half...winds want to turn more NE as the afternoon progresses. Could be the type of day where its 55-60 nearing liunch time but then by 4pm its 44F. It might hold off until night though when the winds turn.

yeah that seems like a fair bet. might be the kind of deal where kevin is posting an AFD from BGM to show how torchy the pattern is...but where we actually live reality is not nearly as mild.

LOL, while it will be mild, it's never good to see the warm thrust into Hudson Bay. That will always open the door up for high pressure nosing in..or at the very least...seabreezes.

yeah that seems like a fair bet. might be the kind of deal where kevin is posting an AFD from BGM to show how torchy the pattern is...but where we actually live reality is not nearly as mild.

Remember last June when he posted an AFD from ALB? Then we had like 5 consecutive days with onshore flow while it was warm in NY State.

Remember last June when he posted an AFD from ALB? Then we had like 5 consecutive days with onshore flow while it was warm in NY State.

lol - did that time close to the infamous high dews thread? when a week of 65F tds ended up verifying as 52F/52F with rain and sheet drizzle? can't remember whether that was may or june.

lol - did that time close to the infamous high dews thread? when a week of 65F tds ended up verifying as 52F/52F with rain and sheet drizzle? can't remember whether that was may or june.

As much as I don't want it, I sort of hope the back door fronts happen...just to give Kevin a taste of climo.

LOL, while it will be mild, it's never good to see the warm thrust into Hudson Bay. That will always open the door up for high pressure nosing in..or at the very least...seabreezes.

that pattern is kind of a catch 22 for MBY. in some ways i like seeing surface HP setting up overhead as some progs show - it has a tough time getting really mild but it also prevents a screaming SW wind at the same time. so you just get plenty of blue sky but chilly seabreezes. "feels warm in the sun" type of weather.

that pattern is kind of a catch 22 for MBY. in some ways i like seeing surface HP setting up overhead as some progs show - it has a tough time getting really mild but it also prevents a screaming SW wind at the same time. so you just get plenty of blue sky but chilly seabreezes. "feels warm in the sun" type of weather.

Ah... seabreezes are March's (and April/May) fickle traits.

Even some river breezes as you get near the Hudson down here... kind of fun little gyres... shows you that mass continuity is alive and well (and still a law) at the smallest of scales.

Yeah to me...the sun is all you need. I don't midn having a seabreeze if it's accompanied by clear skies. The sun is so strong now, that a light seabreeze really is no big deal. But, I know what you are saying. A high to the south is the best way for SNE to warm...away from the south coast....but it also screws you with 30kt winds.

Archived