e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weekend backdoor isn't much of a factor for GC to here on the GFS. Still plenty mild...though the heatwave as it were ..is a Midwest affair through the weekend. Then it moves in here and we sizzle (March style next week).

I still don't completely buy the GFS op for next week. I'd feel better for banana hammocks out by CLE or ORD. It will be mild..maybe 1 day very mild, but jsut seeing high pressure practically overhead usually means mild, just not uber warm.

I see it does have a very major backdoor for later next week. Winter shot for the Maritimes.

I still don't completely buy the GFS op for next week. I'd feel better for banana hammocks out by CLE or ORD. It will be mild..maybe 1 day very mild, but jsut seeing high pressure practically overhead usually means mild, just not uber warm.

Rose rapidly to 70.2, stuck now. Probably won't see it go much higher. Great day even for work...

Fire smell getting stronger bob is probably right with this wind it's likely Myles Standish area.

Yeah we've got localized sea breezes here now. Off the bay and off the sound - that's how light the flow is.

As backward as it seems, I think today is part of the reason I don't like spring...such a tease to have days like this.

Yeah we've got localized sea breezes here now. Off the bay and off the sound - that's how light the flow is.

As backward as it seems, I think today is part of the reason I don't like spring...such a tease to have days like this.

Can feel it getting cooler now, thermo reads 69.1 but it lags a few minutes. Slight breeze off the water.

Very much in a agreement with Will... In fact, would not shock me if the entire warm picture that characterized this week ends up in jeopary, as perhaps today and tomorrow end up the best the week may offer.

The 12z operational GFS is still hitting the pervasive 582dm height circumvalla/node pretty hard for it's day 7-9.5 or so; we'll have to see what the other guidance does with that. This type of height presentation by the GFS is much more capable of fending off "dents" in the ridge that can awash the area with cool air masses drilling from the N/E.

You can't drive a quasi close low SE out of Maine without consequence, and the Euro (last night) followed that up with actualy 6 hour noreaster of all things by diving in with that spurious vort max just after (Sat). I wouldn't be shocked if that evaporates on this run. Either way, sufficed it is to say, the weak gradient 575dm heights ridge is a unsafe in March - duh.

Very much in a agreement with Will... In fact, would not shock me if the entire warm picture that characterized this week ends up in jeopary, as perhaps today and tomorrow end up the best the week may offer.

The 12z operational GFS is still hitting the pervasive 582dm height circumvalla/node pretty hard for it's day 7-9.5 or so; we'll have to see what the other guidance does with that. This type of height presentation by the GFS is much more capable of fending off "dents" in the ridge that can awash the area with cool air masses drilling from the N/E.

You can't drive a quasi close low SE out of Maine without consequence, and the Euro (last night) followed that up with actualy 6 hour noreaster of all things by diving in with that spurious vort max just after (Sat). I wouldn't be shocked if that evaporates on this run. Either way, sufficed it is to say, the weak gradient 575dm heights ridge is a unsafe in March - duh.

It's just never good to have the warmth shoved due north into Husdon Bay. The resulting pattern here is usually cooling BDF or seabreezes. I think this will be the best day for quite some time. At least into part of next week anyways.

Edit: I more or less mean for warmth. It's still a mild pattern for sure.

Rose rapidly to 70.2, stuck now. Probably won't see it go much higher. Great day even for work...

Fire smell getting stronger bob is probably right with this wind it's likely Myles Standish area.

If we can keep ti relatively dry through the duration of the torch it will be an epic fire season by New England standards.

People out this way will burn brush regardless of how dry it is.

is it me seeing things, or is that brown grass 30'+ feet behind the back end of the fenced area; assuming it is, it looks like the exposed areas have melted completely

Looks like pavement in the middle of the bare area, with plow piles at the near edge. The snow is retreating quickly from the roadsides (full sun near dark tar) and it can't take too much longer at these temps for other grass to make its appearance.

Archived