Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Scooter..you get your wish with a backdoor Sat..Still looks nice Sunday and beyond though

yeah that's definitely not a nice look to saturday anymore. cool and damp.

the week as a whole looks decent - though we don't truly maximize the warmth over the next 5 or 6 days...i guess we come close today but it's not a vintage inferno pattern with the ridge axis and surface HP placement at times.

but no complaints.

:sizzle: :sizzle: :sun:

yeah that's definitely not a nice look to saturday anymore. cool and damp.

the week as a whole looks decent - though we don't truly maximize the warmth over the next 5 or 6 days...i guess we come close today but it's not a vintage inferno pattern with the ridge axis and surface HP placement at times.

but no complaints.

:sizzle: :sizzle: :sun:

Looks like we have to wit till Sunday and esp early next week for the real heat

Yeah birds are out and everything.

So.....how is mother nature going to punk us down the road?

well at least an interlude of disaster on saturday if the overnight runs are right. that could be an ugly day...especially vs what it looked like.

the pattern overall is obviously a warm one but still isn't "perfect" for us as it keeps the option of cool HP slipping down from the north.

still can't believe this though - it's so easy to forget what the calendar says when seeing these daily wx charts and then looking down at your car thermo and seeing 54F at 9AM.

well at least an interlude of disaster on saturday if the overnight runs are right. that could be an ugly day...especially vs what it looked like.

the pattern overall is obviously a warm one but still isn't "perfect" for us as it keeps the option of cool HP slipping down from the north.

still can't believe this though - it's so easy to forget what the calendar says when seeing these daily wx charts and then looking down at your car thermo and seeing 54F at 9AM.

I know it. Even 40F in the morning before mid March is ridiculous. I'm pretty pissed about Saturday. I hope the GFS is right..lol. Euro would have me jumping off the Pru.

Yeah birds are out and everything.

So.....how is mother nature going to punk us down the road?

A Scott ...Phill, Will...all ,

now that the immediate passion and awe for the scope of what the models were signaling has warn off and objectivity has kicked back in ... I am not overally impressed with this ridge amplitude.

Fact of the matter is, you don't always register +15 to +20 F surface temperatures off of 574dm heights. Granted, the GFS operational has come around to the notion of 582dm ridge node out there in starlet hopes and dream time frames, but there are problems with that in my estimation, too.

Firstly, excluding those GFS notions for a moment ... without them, this ridge is highly compressible in all quadrants. It's loosely rimmed without a very strong coherent core; this can be seen in how the isopleths that circumvavigate it area have multiple curvi-linear facets to it. This ridge really appears to be a default node because the evolution of the quatra-hemispheric synoptic scope simply won't supply the westerly wind band into the SE CONUS.

As far as the GFS ridge signal, I suspect it is over-doing things a little. I believe the current western trough, easter ridge scenario is highly imprinted off the MJO's romp through Phase 4, where NCEP also noted the other day, that happens to be a constructive interference on the circulation system as a whole - meaning that Phase 4 gets to correlated more on pattern results than Phases on the tastier side of the Wheeler graph. So...yeah, it's supported. But by the time we get to next week that phase is entering 6 already and weakening, and with the background canvas still flagging a +PNA (merely currently damped), that could/should have an impact on the longevity and amplitude of the current height distribution across N/A.

We cash in on a few wonderful euphoric spring warmth days because because of our "default ridge", but at just about any time ...not too dissimilar to what the ECMWF operational depicted per last night's run, impulses will "dent" the ridge. It may not mean much sensibly; I mean, I don't see it meaning snow across the next 10 days. But I don't believe it will be like today, everyday. Also, coastal communities will likely be "puked" as Scott coined, at just about any time because the gradient will be weak at times, and any heating in the interior to +15F anomalies in March, when the oceanic/land inferface BL differential is about as extreme as imaginable given that environmental conditioning will have to mean on-shore flows developing and muting the wamth there. Whose to know/say when and/or how far it pentrates, but if the 00z Euro is right there would probably be some penetration quite far west at times.

I still believe it snows again this year after this 10 period at some point.

Agree, but look at today, I'm already at 53 degrees at what's really 9am! Alot of the days will bust warm

It will be mild, but I don't see widespread 70s or anything. The ridge is too far west to get good SW flow in here. You can have 576 thicknesses but if high pressure is overhead..it will not be anything impressive. The next two weeks could have occasional interludes of seabreezes and backdoors...but will probably be mild overall. Today may be the best day in the next 7 at least.

A Scott ...Phill, Will...all ,

now that the immediate passion and awe for the scope of what the models were signaling has warn off and objectivity has kicked back in ... I am not overally impressed with this ridge amplitude.

Fact of the matter is, you don't always register +15 to +20 F surface temperatures off of 574dm heights. Granted, the GFS operational has come around to the notion of 582dm ridge node out there in starlet hopes and dream time frames, but there are problems with that in my estimation, too.

Firstly, excluding those GFS notions for a moment ... without them, this ridge is highly compressible in all quadrants. It's loosely rimmed without a very strong coherent core; this can be seen in how the isopleths that circumvavigate it area have multiple curvi-linear facets to it. This ridge really appears to be a default node because the evolution of the quatra-hemispheric synoptic scope simply won't supply the westerly wind band into the SE CONUS.

As far as the GFS ridge signal, I suspect it is over-doing things a little. I believe the current western trough, easter ridge scenario is highly imprinted off the MJO's romp through Phase 4, where NCEP also noted the other day, that happens to be a constructive interference on the circulation system as a whole - meaning that Phase 4 gets to correlated more on pattern results than Phases on the tastier side of the Wheeler graph. So...yeah, it's supported. But by the time we get to next week that phase is entering 6 already and weakening, and with the background canvas still flagging a +PNA (merely currently damped), that could/should have an impact on the longevity and amplitude of the current height distribution across N/A.

We cash in on a few wonderful euphoric spring warmth days because because of our "default ridge", but at just about any time ...not too dissimilar to what the ECMWF operational depicted per last night's run, impulses will "dent" the ridge. It may not mean much sensibly; I mean, I don't see it meaning snow across the next 10 days. But I don't believe it will be like today, everyday. Also, coastal communities will likely be "puked" as Scott coined, at just about any time because the gradient will weak at times, and any heating in the interior to +15F in March, when the oceanic/land inferface BL differential is about as extreme as imaginable given that environmental conditioning will have to mean on-shore flows developing and muting the wamth there. Whose to know/say when and/or how far it pentrates, but if the 00z Euro is right there would probably be some penetration quite far west at times.

I still believe it snows again this year after this 10 period at some point.

In a way, I'm glad the interlude of seabreeze and backdoor may happen...because it shows you how climo tries to fight back. It will be an overall mild pattern for sure, but sorry to those folks who thought leaf out would occur near 4/1.

I hate them as much as the next person, but this time of year is extremely hard to get prolonged warm weather.

Archived