• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

It does feel kind of surreal to be gearing up for the "warm season", thinking of the lawn, garden, etc. ...when it was barely even winter in the usual sense. My sister keeps her horses back here and aside for a few weeks she was able to get enough mild air each day to run the hose out there all winter. It was a JI winter.

I want to forget this winter ever happened.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does feel kind of surreal to be gearing up for the "warm season", thinking of the lawn, garden, etc. ...when it was barely even winter in the usual sense. My sister keeps her horses back here and aside for a few weeks she was able to get enough mild air each day to run the hose out there all winter. It was a JI winter.

I had a MA winter and want to puke. Horrible. They can keep their 95F summers and 10-15" winters. This was my worst winter ever in terms of boredom and snow.

I wasn't out here in the hills until 2004 so basing my memories on Hudson Valley winters....

This one in ALB is a little more snowless than the atrocious winters of 79-80 and 88-89, but pretty much similar.

And my rough estimate for my old place down in Saugerties this winter is that they had 20" - of which 6" was October. As a kid in 1979-80 my record says I had 20" there.

The following winters of 1980-81 and 1989-90 were no great snow winters either so I hope history doesn't repeat itself in that sense.

I had a MA winter and want to puke. Horrible. They can keep their 95F summers and 10-15" winters. This was my worst winter ever in terms of boredom and snow.

58 degrees here on the coast with a light westerly wind. i wouldn't be surprised if i hit 63 or 64 today.

My wood for next winter has been delivered and is already stacked. i would love another snowstorm

had 14" in the last one, all gone now except for a few small piles. Only problem with another storm is

my snowblower needs to be repaired and I can't shovel because I have a broken foot. Thank God it's warm

at least I can sit on the deck and enjoy the warmth.

Cool SR Sugarloaf see accumulating snow

WITH THE UPPER LOW CROSSING CENTRAL MAINE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...THERE

COULD BE SOME ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN. LAPSE

RATES WILL BE VERY STEEP IN THIS REGION AND TOPOGRAPHY WILL PLAY A

ROLE WITH THIS SYSTEM.

Good luck. Sugarloaf looks like they are the only place that stands a chance for accumulating snow during that time frame.

Nice tour of Western NJ this weekend, really nice area with some great elevation changes. Froze our butts off all day Sat but after the morning chill yesterday was spectacular. Got the tan in full gear, hopefully after a week skiing in the Spring Sun I will be full ready for summer. Friends skiing yesterday said in the afternoon it was sweet after softening up. Psyched the weekend mega torch is muted up in Maine.

Personally I prefer average, the gradual evolution to Spring. Can't change it so may as well embrase it. Is winter over?

How can it be over if it never began.... Guess we're just paying for the bonus years of previous 3. The banter and extra-curricular activity is shameful. Alot of posters and anyone outside of AW not knowng the personalities are completely "turned-off" by such display.

I just sit back as I have for sometime just shaking my head. I have no control in so many ways, just embrace, respect and move on.

And as for leaf-out it is a process 80% dependent on sunlight, 10% temperature and 10% wishing.

Classic backdoor setup along coastal communities.

Today I'm off to the Lawyers Office. Anyone trying to refinance in this economy knows what I mean when I say CRAP. It's taken me since November to get the deal done and a headache thats been onging for years. Today is a good day long in coming .

Meaning I hope you get some snow, seeing as you're heading up there.

Oh thanks but I will not be there until Sunday. As long as its not dumping rain next week the temps will not matter. Corn and tans. Today is just beautiful here, windows wide open, feels and smells great. Haze and clouds are increasing though. ( no pics needed LOL )

Interesting cutoff too next week on the Euro, that backs at all and oops. Beginning to think today is probably the best day of the next 6.

There's a very good chance it is unless tomorrow can stay sunny enough to top it. I was really hoping for like 70F on Saturday in Boston but it looks like it could be horrible if the Euro is right.

Oh thanks but I will not be there until Sunday. As long as its not dumping rain next week the temps will not matter. Corn and tans. Today is just beautiful here, windows wide open, feels and smells great. Haze and clouds are increasing though. ( no pics needed LOL )

You'll be good. They'll back door Wednesday and possibly this weekend. Probably low 50's during the day up there with low 40s Wednesday. Huge base so you're good until mid April I'd think.

Snow is melting fast here at lower elevations. Up to 52F here as of 11:35am. Awesomeness.

Personally I prefer average, the gradual evolution to Spring. Can't change it so may as well embrase it. Is winter over?

How can it be over if it never began.... Guess we're just paying for the bonus years of previous 3. The banter and extra-curricular activity is shameful. Alot of posters and anyone outside of AW not knowng the personalities are completely "turned-off" by such display.

I just sit back as I have for sometime just shaking my head. I have no control in so many ways, just embrace, respect and move on.

And as for leaf-out it is a process 80% dependent on sunlight, 10% temperature and 10% wishing.

Classic backdoor setup along coastal communities.

Today I'm off to the Lawyers Office. Anyone trying to refinance in this economy knows what I mean when I say CRAP. It's taken me since November to get the deal done and a headache thats been onging for years. Today is a good day long in coming .

Shameful is you better show up on the 14 th you cranky old biatch.

You'll be good. They'll back door Wednesday and possibly this weekend. Probably low 50's during the day up there with low 40s Wednesday. Huge base so you're good until mid April I'd think.

Snow is melting fast here at lower elevations. Up to 52F here as of 11:35am. Awesomeness.

Oh I know, woods ain't my thing anyway. I have seen it all in March, no surprises. One thing I have learned is that this time of year Maine is much more protected with BDs than Eastern NE.

Phil, yeah these are the days I love with no wind or WNW/NW winds. It's up to 66.4 already. Nicest days we ever get here.

i'm sure there will be some backyard thermometers that touch 70F in a little while.

for this area, i wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the nicest day we have until april. combo of full sun, light west wind and very mild temps will be hard to match. end of last week (thu) was really mild but a SW wind G to 55 mph kind of cuts into the mild feel a bit. :lol:

Archived