joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The odds of ORH meeting or exceeding 80F at any time during this stretch as suggested by climatology alone, would be a rare event. I think ORH made 80+ heat during the 3 days of 1998, March 29-31st. Will would know....

Earliest 80F here is March 15, 1990...I remember that well actually. We had a snow event the next week I think, lol.

Skipping to mid may.....I wouldnt mind.

Extrapolating this stretch of warmth to the summer (which, obviously, is completely unrealistic but still fun to do) would have us with a July/Aug that they had in Houston last summer. July 2011, Houston's avg hi/lo was 97/77 and in Aug it was a completely off the charts 102/79.

I know lol....what I think is impressive about this warm-up is surrounded by the 70s could be 60s...its not like it will sharply cool down to normal. I think its more the duration then the actual temperatures that are impressive. Starting tomorrow it could be 10 days or more in the upper 50s or higher when normal's are still in the mid 40s.

Definitely. If We were looking at days like today bookend-ing the 70 than yeah ok whatever, but yeah when we are going 60s then 70s then back to 60s that's very impressive...feels like early may

Wasn't that on the first day of Spring? I don't mean the March 92 spring storm.

I couldn't remember so I just checked...it was actually later than that on 3/30...there was another snow event on 4/7 that year. We did get a trace on 3/21/90 but obviously not the event I was thinking of.

Trees are starting to get he red buds here in CT. Very early. When do you think buds will really start coming out?

All I mean is that this ridiculous pattern will probably relax late this month and perhaps early April. It doesn't mean long lasting colder than normal, but some signs are there for a break in the warmth.

I couldn't remember so I just checked...it was actually later than that on 3/30...there was another snow event on 4/7 that year. We did get a trace on 3/21/90 but obviously not the event I was thinking of.

I could have sworn a snow event in '89 or '90 on the first day of spring.

All I mean is that this ridiculous pattern will probably relax late this month and perhaps early April. It doesn't mean long lasting colder than normal, but some signs are there for a break in the warmth.

I agree but I mean averages really ramp up by early April into the 50s and 60s...and lows average in the 40s... That's conducive to budding anyway. We will pay for this warmth eventually.

Archived