joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I measured 10 inches early the next morning, so I went with that even though there was some compaction. Maybe because Im pretty high here I may have more of a fluff factor? It ripped pretty good for awhile that night.

Wow, you got more than me for sure in the OCT Storm. I measured 7.4" in the morning before much compaction.

You and I seem to be the two in the southern ORH county area to post..

I'm at 752' EL. here.

Last night was interesting with the SN/PL mix and the Dual Pol nailing it.

My snowdepth right now is 5.5" and it's super densely packed due to all the PL that is in it.

Bouchard may have busted farther out for the 495 corridor and interior, but he basically rocked this storm with his idea of the BL keeping things warm for BOS. Gutsy call given 850s and heavy modeled QPF, and a correct one. I would have busted terribly thinking 3-6" for Logan.

Eh, any other time and we would have had 3-4". They had more near the south coast than we did in the city. Just happens.

Uh huh...

Anyway, hope you got some more snow up there before the warm up comes

This isn't the MA dude. We'll get a few warm days but here in the highlands we'll get more snow. I still have snow OTG that fell in December.

Your bannings from the MA forum are simply because the people that pull the strings cannot debate you so they pick up their marbles and go home. You and I agree on almost nothing as you've mentioned before but what I watched happen down there a few weeks ago. Bunch (two) of ******* and I'll glady say it to their faces at the conference. I want to go this year just for the rumble so you better show and I'll sponsor a few other SNE'ers if you'll do the same. As a group I'm sure we can out debate team zima.

Anyway, snowing here now, epic winter continues.

That's essentially it. It's funny, the people that are the first to preach tolerance are the first to use the tools of totalitarianism. Silence the voices that you don't agree with or like. I'd love to meet some of these folks at the conference

so that they could see I don't have horns growing out of my head. The problem is it's being held in the MA in July and I'd rather visit a blast furnace than deal with their wretched HHH weather. lol I think that Amwx is a great tool and resource but I'm questioning whether I'll make another donation as I feel some of the staff are worse than a mean clique of high school cheerleaders. Not all, but enough that my hard earned dollars may stay right in my pocket. I would rather debate chumps like Phineazzh*le or Blowzart than have them banned. I'm not a fragile flower though and I guess others are thin skinned and can't take a little ribbing. When I have some time I'm planning to start my own vanity forum. Maybe I'll call it 42N or DaTrenchMark, something like that. It'll be fun to install myself as overlord and rule with an iron fist. "He expressed something I don't like! Off with his head!!" lol Hey, I kind of like that. I can feel my ego swelling already. Cool!!! Anyway Scott, we have had disagreements but in the end you admitted I was right about the ski season and that's all that matters. It's good that we can set an example for others that don't always get along. There is always some common ground that can be found. Off to MRG now for some bump/tree skiing. Everything is so buttery soft right now. Get out and ski it up.

7" event total, 0.55" of liquid. 18" otg and beautiful powder here.

We'll get a few warm days but here in the highlands we'll get more snow. I still have snow OTG that fell in December.

Indeed, the very bottom of our on-the-ground snowpack goes back to 12/9/11 here. Highlands ftw.

Finished with 5.8" over a 22-hr period, with most coming 8A-8P while snow was light/moderate. 11:1 ratio (0.53" LE) was oddly similar to last week's snowfall, but yest temps were mid-upper teens and flakes were small, while the 9" last week all came in 8 hr, with nice dendrites and temps near 30. Now 18" OG, was 19" last night, probably the tallest for this season unless tonight's snow/mess adds another inch or two before the pile gets sleet-pounded.

Forgot to mention - seems like there was a band of heavier accum along I-95 and just west, as I saw cocorahs reports in the 9" range (some from locations reporting 1" yesterday morning) from AUG/Sidney/Mt.Vernon, plus a Readfield coworker's obs. Meanwhile, my cubiclemate from Dresden, 20 miles SSE from AUG, had about 5", similar to what I got 25 miles NNW of AUG.

Part 4 of Feb29/Mar1 storm underway now... raging weenie flakes in downtown Boston.

I knew this storm would deliver, we just weren't patient enough here in Boston.

If any of you are under a rock, major tornado outbreak underway in Tennessee/KY/OH/IN/AL, great threads in main forum.

Archived