wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT but I lost my best link for up to date. Do you have one? tyia Will!

My favorite is this one

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/surface/displaySfc.php?region=alb&endDate=20120229&endTime=-1&duration=0'>http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/surface/displaySfc.php?region=alb&endDate=20120229&endTime=-1&duration=0

You can use this part of the site to just type in "KBOS" or whatever station and it will give you latest metar output

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/surface/

And as I type this, BOS just went below freezing with 1/2 SN, lol. Down to 30F.

I wonder if the RUC had the right idea of strengthening this front end stuff as it moved into SNE...it looked so ugly on radar a while ago, but it seems to be looking a lot better as it moves in.

yes big improvement on ruc for precip rates., still warm for southern half of ct for first half, but significantly colder for second thump as ryan mentioned earlier UKIE is much colder.. interesting..

Some obs still 100% rain right on shore at work in stratford. Over an inch up in the hills of seymour roads covered snowing "hard" according to them.

+1 Julian. When is anouther round (after this one passes) suppost to start? I'm near Dutchess County Airport.

Organized precip should start around 5z if you believe the RUC. Euro seems to like 9z to 12z for some decent lat/elevation dependent snows but I never want to be 35F at the onset and not expected to cool much.

BOX update from 1pm.

&&

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

-- Changed Discussion --

1 PM UPDATE... SNOW IS RACING INTO SNE EARLY THIS AFTERNOON AND WILL REACH CAPE COD DURING THE NEXT HOUR. THE PRECIP MAY BEGIN AS A BRIEF PERIOD OF RAIN ON THE CAPE BUT QUICKLY CHANGE TO SNOW. MOSTLY RAIN EXPECTED OVER THE ISLANDS WHERE TEMPS IN THE 40S AND DEWPOINTS CLOSE TO 30. BASED ON LATEST RADAR TRENDS A PERIOD OF MOD/HVY SNOW IS LIKELY AND RUC SUPPORTS THIS WITH A DECENT SLUG OF QPF THROUGH 00Z. WE HAVE INCREASED SNOW AMOUNTS THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS CENTRAL AND W MA...N CT INTO NW RI WHERE 2-4" POSSIBLE BY EVENING. 1-2" EXPECTED IN THE COASTAL PLAIN ALTHOUGH ACCUMULATION HERE MAY BE CONFINED TO THE COLDER SURFACES AND GRASSY AREAS AS TEMPS HOVER AORUND 33. IT STILL APPEARS DRY SLOT WILL BE MOVING INTO REGION TOWARD 00Z AS THIS INITIAL SHOT OF WAA PRECIP MOVES OUT.

-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

No way was I getting stuck for hours on the hgwy in a raging snowstorm..No way.

LOL raging, I jumped for joy when the CEO sent us out at 1230. Rain snow line was Preston then snow just kept getting better and better all the way home, my favorite rides are that. I weenied on here last night when the short rangers started pumping up QPF and cold.

LOL raging, I jumped for joy when the CEO sent us out at 1230. Rain snow line was Preston then snow just kept getting better and better all the way home, my favorite rides are that. I weenied on here last night when the short rangers started pumping up QPF and cold.

Hope you guys push a 5" or 6" spot. Good luck!

Archived