12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, Enjoy! :snowman: Probably looks to be the last true wintry night of the season.. :(

It's a pretty scene out there!

Wow, LOT just issued a lake effect snow advisory for 3-7"! Not here - in NW IN.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL

1052 PM CST SUN MAR 4 2012

...HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS THROUGH EARLY MONDAY MORNING...

INZ001-002-051200-

/O.NEW.KLOT.LE.Y.0002.120305T0452Z-120305T1200Z/

LAKE IN-PORTER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GARY...VALPARAISO

1052 PM CST SUN MAR 4 2012

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT

SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY.

* TIMING...HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH

THE OVERNIGHT HOURS ACROSS NORTHWEST INDIANA. THE SNOW SHOWERS

ARE EXPECTED TO SLOWLY SHIFT EAST OF LAKE COUNTY AND AFFECT

MAINLY AREAS OF PORTER COUNTY AFTER 4 AM CST.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 7 INCHES BY MONDAY MORNING.

* OTHER IMPACTS...HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL PRODUCE

SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR. ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW

COVERED. VISIBILITIES WILL LIKELY BE REDUCED TO ONE HALF MILE

OR LESS.

Looks like CLE will bust badly here... Precip looks weak

Ya, it looks like Erie and perhaps coastal Ottawa Counties may be the winners in northern Ohio tonight...probably a combination of enhanced convergence along the shoreline and added moisture from the lake. Have seen some on and off bursts of light snow here over the past two hours adding up to 0.5", on top of the 3.4" that fell this morning.

It's a pretty scene out there!

Wow, LOT just issued a lake effect snow advisory for 3-7"! Not here - in NW IN.

1125 PM...LATE EVENING UPDATE...LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS HAVE TAKEN AIM ON NORTHWEST INDIANA LATE THIS EVENING WITH VERY GOOD CONVERGENCE SETTING UP. LATEST SHORT/NEAR TERM GUIDANCE SUGGESTS THAT WINDS WILL BEGIN SHIFTING A BIT MORE NORTHWEST OVERNIGHT AND THAT THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOULD BEGIN SHIFTING EAST. HAD A REPORT EARLIER FROM ROGERS PARK OF AN INCH OR SNOW OF VERY FLUFFY SNOW THUS SNOW RATIOS WILL BE VERY DRY PERHAPS AS HIGH AS 20 TO 1. WITH AT LEAST A FEW INCHES ALREADY FALLEN ACROSS LAKE AND PORTER COUNTIES AND A FEW MORE EXPECTED...ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY UNTIL 12Z. HEAVIEST SNOW SHOWERS/SQUALLS LIKELY KNOCKING VISIBILITIES TO A HALF MILE OR LESS AND PROBABLY PRODUCING SNOW FALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HR. HAVE SOME CONCERNS THAT AS THE SNOW BEGINS TO SHIFT FURTHER EAST THERE MAY BE BETTER ORGANIZATION AND BANDING AND THAT CURRENT 3 TO 7 INCH AMOUNTS IN THE ADVISORY MAY BE TOO LOW AND WILL NEED TO MONITOR THIS OVER THE NEXT FEW HRS. SNOW AMOUNTS WILL LIKELY TAPER OFF INTO NEWTON/JASPER COUNTIES WHERE 1 TO 3 INCHES IS POSSIBLE WITH ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS ESPECIALLY ACROSS NORTHERN JASPER COUNTY. CMS

Back from Grayling. Was GORGEOUS. Best scenery (deep snow + plastered trees) Ive EVER seen. On 75 south, in 45 minutes you went from 2+ feet depth to a T depth, just insane. Took a TON of pics....winter scenery lovers you will enjoy!

http://www.americanw...rd-worthy-snow/

Meanwhile, now that Im home I see that my last shoveled snow pile was completely demolished Friday night (assumably), neighbor has a tiny one, some parking lots have tiny ones (bigger at the mall) and thats it. Completely barren while 3.5 hours north has their deepest snow in several years.

However, since I have gotten home we have since picked up a dusting of rime snowfall, our first measurable snow since Feb 25th actually (off and on snowflakes the last 2 days had only amounted a trace), though I see at the OH/MI border the ground looks covered and it also looks like down the road to my west got a few inches. Not gonna complain though as I was trudging in snow past my knees several hours ago!

1125 PM...LATE EVENING UPDATE...LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS HAVE TAKEN AIM ON NORTHWEST INDIANA LATE THIS EVENING WITH VERY GOOD CONVERGENCE SETTING UP. LATEST SHORT/NEAR TERM GUIDANCE SUGGESTS THAT WINDS WILL BEGIN SHIFTING A BIT MORE NORTHWEST OVERNIGHT AND THAT THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOULD BEGIN SHIFTING EAST. HAD A REPORT EARLIER FROM ROGERS PARK OF AN INCH OR SNOW OF VERY FLUFFY SNOW THUS SNOW RATIOS WILL BE VERY DRY PERHAPS AS HIGH AS 20 TO 1. WITH AT LEAST A FEW INCHES ALREADY FALLEN ACROSS LAKE AND PORTER COUNTIES AND A FEW MORE EXPECTED...ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY UNTIL 12Z. HEAVIEST SNOW SHOWERS/SQUALLS LIKELY KNOCKING VISIBILITIES TO A HALF MILE OR LESS AND PROBABLY PRODUCING SNOW FALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HR. HAVE SOME CONCERNS THAT AS THE SNOW BEGINS TO SHIFT FURTHER EAST THERE MAY BE BETTER ORGANIZATION AND BANDING AND THAT CURRENT 3 TO 7 INCH AMOUNTS IN THE ADVISORY MAY BE TOO LOW AND WILL NEED TO MONITOR THIS OVER THE NEXT FEW HRS. SNOW AMOUNTS WILL LIKELY TAPER OFF INTO NEWTON/JASPER COUNTIES WHERE 1 TO 3 INCHES IS POSSIBLE WITH ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS ESPECIALLY ACROSS NORTHERN JASPER COUNTY. CMS

That snow is pretty dry. Probably the best fluff snow all winter!

Temperatures are really heading down around Milwaukee with the snow cover. Down to the low teens towards Fond du Lac.

7 degrees with bare ground. I won't miss mornings like this.

it's funny, but this time of year cold becomes nothing more than an annoyance to me. But when you consider how abysmal this winter was the annoyance factor is multiplied by 100. It's like you just want old man winter to finish picking up the rest of **** and get the hell out of here.... he was worthless all season anyways.

Over 4" here, everything is covered, just incredible outside. Also beat out the biggest event of the winter season, with 4.25". Some of the morning snow was completely lost due to melting, so if I took my 24hr snow from the snowboard it would be about 4.5 to 4.75"

Nothing but a few little ice piles around here. I would imagine by the end of this week, there will be nothing. Looks awfully mild right through the weekend.

Moved 50 plants out to the plastic greenhouse this morning. I figure with night time lows only in the upper 20Fs, i'll be ok. Already 40F in there with an outside temp of 21F... I had apple seedlings in there the past week and they've been fine as long as I cover them at night. Last night the low was 16F. With full sun, the interior should hit near 90F this time of year.

Archived