amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a day or so of the models giving us a some cooler weather. They seem to be trending back towards a more consistent torch.

I'm loving how the models are ditching the late week cold in favor of the mild split flow. However, with the average high temp now into the 40s, torch needs to be redefined to 60+. Most of the temps later in the week into the weekend should merely be seasonably mild.

They've completely changed their handling of that SW cutoff. Rather than ejecting it late this week with the northern stream energy, creating a highly amplified long-wave trough, they're retrograding the cutoff and keeping the flow split, which favors more pacific rather than arctic air.

Winter of 2011-12: Zonal flow FTL

DLH said a dusting to 2" this weekend, I have had 13" and still snowing. :arrowhead:

You must be getting hit with that lake effect in southern Lake County and over in St. Louis County.

--With the melting off the roof today, there are some serious ice cycles forming!

Winter of 2011-12: Zonal flow FTL

But progressive zonal flow in the northern jet sream may lead to an active svr weather spring in our area once instability really arrives. GFS this morning shows increasing warmth through the Plains and Midwest along with several systems in its run that will have to be watched with interest.

You must be getting hit with that lake effect in southern Lake County and over in St. Louis County.

--With the melting off the roof today, there are some serious ice cycles forming!

That I am, its been a pleasant surprise.

All long range forecasts and indices say you're on crack if you believe that.

You'll be taking much cooler by the lake up the fanny for three more months while DaddyLongLegs already has green tomato's. I almost feel bad you live where you do with no chance to move for a long time.

You'll be taking much cooler by the lake up the fanny for three more months while DaddyLongLegs already has green tomato's. I almost feel bad you live where you do with no chance to move for a long time.

Lake Michigan is 40F right now (about 8F above normal). With an epic torch March on the horizon, it will be bath water by May.

Lake Michigan is 40F right now (about 8F above normal). With an epic torch March on the horizon, it will be bath water by May.

lol... we still got boned over enough in the spring of 2010..that was an epic warm spring and i doubt we can repeat that again anytime soon. Wouldn't surprise though if this awful warm pattern since last summer continues until god only knows when.

Some pockets are 40°, but not the whole lake.

Tuesday's reading at Chicago was 35°, 34° at the crib - which is several miles off shore.

Archived