12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark clouds out over the lake, a brief break in the rest of this overcast allowing some sun through.

Currently passing through Sheboygan. Driving back to Chicago after about 250 miles in Marianette County. A nice weekend with picturesque wintry scenes through a mixed bag of trails. The secret was to be early as always. We saw a good 200 sleds yesterday. A half dozen groups with a dozen riders or so apiece. Best snow was around Dunbar but really couldn't go wrong as long as we weren't too long after the groomer. Our ride this morning had some nice set ribbons to glide over courtesy of the sub 15 degree temps overnight.

Nice Pic! Light steady snow here is starting to dust the roof tops and even concrete now. Might see up to an inch according to forecasts.

It's getting steadily heavier, 20 dBZ spots showing up on MKX radar. The precip field is expansive too, wasn't really expecting that. Plenty of snow upstream so we could probably see 1" or so.

It's notable that even with almost constant snow today and temps in the mid 20s there's been plenty of melting near streets, sidewalks, and buildings. The sun is gonna nuke the snowpack tomorrow when we get above freezing.

Gotta admit that nights like this do help take the sting out of this awful winter. It is beautiful outside with everything plastered in white and still snowing. Despite how terrible it has been this area has had it's share of nights/days like this which will cause me to give the winter a D vs the F after thinking about it a bit. Picked up about 1.5 yesterday/last night and looking at a inch or so so far tonight.

Gotta admit that nights like this do help take the sting out of this awful winter. It is beautiful outside with everything plastered in white and still snowing. Despite how terrible it has been this area has had it's share of nights/days like this which will cause me to give the winter a D vs the F after thinking about it a bit. Picked up about 1.5 yesterday/last night and looking at a inch or so so far tonight.

Yeah, winter has tried harder the last few weeks! I'll give it a little more credit. Forecasts were calling for an inch tops, but I'm closing in on 2" now. Over 30" for the winter now.

Kudos to the HRRR and NMM models, which predicted these snow showers along the wind shift line.

One county south, but oh well. Closing in on 3" here, forecasted for 2-4" more tonight by CLE

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH

912 PM EST SUN MAR 4 2012

.A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW OVER CENTRAL AREAS OF NORTHERN OHIO WILL

SLOWLY SAG SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE NIGHT. STRONG LOW LEVEL

INSTABILITY MAY LEAD TO PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOWFALL WITH THUNDER A

POSSIBILITY.

OHZ017-018-027>032-036>038-047-051015-

/O.NEW.KCLE.WW.Y.0005.120305T0212Z-120305T1400Z/

HANCOCK-SENECA-WYANDOT-CRAWFORD-RICHLAND-ASHLAND-WAYNE-STARK-

MARION-MORROW-HOLMES-KNOX-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FINDLAY...TIFFIN...UPPER SANDUSKY...

CAREY...BUCYRUS...MANSFIELD...ASHLAND...WOOSTER...CANTON...

MARION...MOUNT GILEAD...MILLERSBURG...MOUNT VERNON

912 PM EST SUN MAR 4 2012

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST

MONDAY.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

* TIMING...BAND OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WILL SAG SOUTHWARD

ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH MID MORNING.

* WINDS...NORTH 5 TO 10 MPH.

* IMPACTS...SNOW ACCUMULATION CAN MAKE ROADS SLICK...REQUIRING

LOWER SPEEDS AND GREATER DISTANCES BETWEEN VEHICLES WHILE

DRIVING.

* VISIBILITIES...BELOW A QUARTER OF A MILE AT TIMES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NORMALLY ISSUED FOR A VARIETY OF

WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS SUCH AS LIGHT SNOW...BLOWING SNOW...

SLEET...FREEZING RAIN AND WIND CHILLS. WHILE THE WEATHER WILL BE

SIGNIFICANT, THE WORD ADVISORY IMPLIES THAT SEVERE WINTER WEATHER

IS NOT ANTICIPATED. STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO FOR FURTHER

DETAILS OR UPDATES.

Yeah, winter has tried harder the last few weeks! I'll give it a little more credit. Forecasts were calling for an inch tops, but I'm closing in on 2" now. Over 30" for the winter now.

Kudos to the HRRR and NMM models, which predicted these snow showers along the wind shift line.

After this ends down i should be somewhere over the 50" mark which is not too shabby all things considered. Pretty remarkable considering no warning criteria events. Have had a good number of days/nights like this thanks to that Lake. These type of small events are the one constant that has over performed this winter.

Snowing at a decent clip right now.

Just measured 3 inches here (about 4 miles west of KTOL). Just by eye, it looked like maybe 4 inches closer to the airport, but I didn't measure.

Yeah, that's about what I have in BG. Getting another heavy burst here right now, and probably will get some more as the convergence zone slowly sinks to the south overnight. CLE even mentioned potential thunder for the WWA counties, and Findlay's point and click goes for 3-7"

Yeah, that's about what I have in BG. Getting another heavy burst here right now, and probably will get some more as the convergence zone slowly sinks to the south overnight. CLE even mentioned potential thunder for the WWA counties, and Findlay's point and click goes for 3-7"

It's a nice surprise. Could be the biggest snow of the year, as sad as that may be.

It's a nice surprise. Could be the biggest snow of the year, as sad as that may be.

I just measured 3.25" here, so unless nothing happens overnight it will easily be the largest event. TOL's biggest of the season is 4.2", and given your report it seems pretty likely they'll come very close if not break it. The best convergence still lies to the north of the MI/OH border, so more snow seems likely.

Archived