OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't think we get that close

i think this is a Southern Mid Atlantic system

and i think it will be written off for us in about 36 hours

i would be SHOCKED if the euro didn't go south at 12z

GFS 144-120 hour 500mb verifications haven't been great. Euro was much better in the west but did tend to drive the UL a bit further SE up this way than what verified. GGEM is considerably further north than even the GFS.

GFS is probably bogus on the flat solution but right now that still doesn't mean much up here.

12_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_CLASSIC@012_132.jpg

Frustrating, seems like all winter, the pac has been relentless with regards to beating down any +pna ridge that developed, in turn we get less than perfect troughs in the east, either the trough axis is not right, the baroclinic zone is too far east. Sick of seeing deamped pieces of crap fall apart as they approach a normally perfect position to amplify. Too zonal, its been beyond annoying, perhaps we get lucky Sunday, it would be nice to see a Noreaster, what a waste of decent ssts for this time of year, could have really seen some bombs.

Meh

wouldn't it be funny if it was exposed that NASA, in a joint experiment with some European agency, together with our own government performed a weather altering experiment over just the CONUS? They developed electromagnetic frequencies that could disrupte inter-molecular thermodynamics on quantum scales, thereby "instructing" wave decay along the horizon where predictability falls off to chaos. The end result, no storms -

That's been the theme of this winter. I argue emphatically that cold...albeit leaving something to be desired, really isn't/hasn't been the problem. There is just nothing happening.... And, it is interestingly only a U.S. proper issue. Nice.

Archived